If you enjoy the glow of satisfaction that comes from serving a meal that everyone loves, you are going to love this Mediterranean Chicken Breast. With perfectly seasoned chicken, briny olives, and sweet cherry tomatoes topped off with tangy feta, you have got a meal that never fails to delight. It looks gorgeous on your table, making it perfect for entertaining.
I have always been in love with Mediterranean flavors.
My latest love affair is this Mediterranean Chicken Breast. It is gluten-free, low carb, and keto-friendly.
With all of my favorite flavors in an easy-to-make one skillet meal, this is one I turn to again and again.
Give it a try, and I think you will love it too.
Ingredients for Making Mediterranean Chicken Breast Recipe
- Chicken: I used chicken breasts, but if you would like to use thighs, that works too. Either way, the internal temperature should reach 165 degrees before serving.
- Oregano: Italian seasoning would work if you don’t have oregano.
- Salt and Pepper: Adjust the amount of seasoning to your liking.
- Avocado Oil: You can use any high-heat oil that you like. Olive oil should be fine, but I don’t recommend cooking with extra virgin olive oil.
- Garlic: Fresh minced is best, but if you don’t have it, use a teaspoon of garlic powder and add it when you add the other seasonings.
- Tomatoes: Either grape or cherry tomatoes work just fine. If you don’t have either, sun-dried tomato is another option.
- Olives: I used kalamata, but you can use what you have on hand.
- Broth: If you like, you could use white wine in place of the broth.
- Feta: I like to buy feta packed in water and crumble it myself. I find this has more flavor than the feta that you buy yourself.
Tips & Tricks
- If you think to plan ahead, season the chicken the night before. The salt will get into the fibers of the chicken, and the result will be juicer and tastier meat.
- Keep in mind that the cooking time will vary depending on the size of your chicken.
- If you want to make this recipe even more keto-friendly, reduce the number of tomatoes. (Though it is already very low in carbohydrates.)
Frequently Asked Questions
No! Chicken can be full of flavor even without a marinade. To keep this recipe simple and perfect for a busy weeknight, I have skipped marinating and opted for seasoning just before serving.
If you would like to marinate your chicken, Add the seasonings to ⅓ cup of oil and add in ¼ cup of gluten-free tamari.
Yes! Just use an instant-read thermometer to make sure they are cooked perfectly.
Tools Needed to Make Mediterranean Style Chicken Breast
As an Amazon Associate I Earn From Qualified Sales
Store this in the refrigerator for up to four days. I recommend reheating in a skillet, but you could use the microwave too.
The chicken will freeze fine, but I do not recommend freezing the vegetables, cheese, or olives.
How to Make Mediterranean Chicken Breast
First, start by seasoning the chicken with oregano, salt, and pepper.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the chicken and cook until it is golden brown and an instant-read thermometer registers 160° F.
Remove the chicken from the pan and add the garlic. Cook for 30 seconds.
Stir in the tomatoes, olives, and chicken broth and cook for about 3 minutes, scraping the pan to get up any browned bits.
Transfer the chicken to serving plates and top with the tomato and olive mixtures.
Sprinkle with the feta cheese.
If you would like, finish with a squeeze of lemon juice.
You May Also Like
- These crispy Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets are so easy to make and loved by both kids and adults!
- Ninja Foodi Grill Steak is a luxurious dinner that is easy enough for a weeknight and delicious enough for a special occasion.
- Grilled Chipotle Chicken is an easy weeknight meal that is full of flavor. I like to double it and use leftovers to make tacos and wraps.
Mediterranean Chicken Breast
- 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 ounces halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped pitted olives
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 3 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- Optional: Fresh lemon juice
- Pat the chicken dry and season it on both sides with oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for between 6 to 8 minutes per side until golden brown and an instant-read thermometer register 160° F.
- Remove from the pan.
- Add the garlic to the pan, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the tomatoes, olives, and chicken broth. Cook for about 3 minutes, scraping up any browned bits.
- Transfer the chicken to plates and top with the tomato and olive mixture.
- Sprinkle with the feta cheese and finish with a squeeze of lemon juice if you like.