about the recipe
For a no-fuss main course, this Ninja Foodi Chicken Breast is perfect. In just 25 minutes, you have juicy succulent chicken that the family is going to love. Pair with a simple side for a fast and easy weeknight meal.
– 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast – 1 teaspoon chili powder – 1 teaspoon garlic powder – 1 teaspoon sea salt – ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – ¾ cup chicken broth – ¼ cup lemon juice or more broth – ½ teaspoon cornstarch optional
– Pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
– In a small dish, combine the chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
– Sprinkle the seasonings over the chicken.
– Place the inner pot in your Ninja Foodi and pour the broth and lemon juice into the pot.
– Place the chicken in your air crisper basket and place in the inner pot on top of the liquid. – Select STEAMCRISP, and set the temperature to 400° F. – Set the time to 17 minutes for large breasts and 15 minutes for small.
– Place the crisper basket on top of the inner pot and close the lid. Hit START. – When the time is up, carefully open the lid and remove the air crisp basket.
– Use an instant read thermometer, and make sure that the internal temperature is at least 160° F. – Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. The temperature will continue to rise as the chicken rests, and should be at least 165° F before serving.
– While the chicken is resting, set the Ninja Foodi to saute. Whisk the cornstarch into the broth. (You can add additional broth if desired.) – Cook until the mixture is boil and thickened, about 2 minutes. – Serve the chicken with the sauce.