For a no-fuss main course, this Ninja Foodi Chicken Breast is perfect. In just 25 minutes, you have juicy succulent chicken that the family is going to love. Pair with a simple side for a fast and easy weeknight meal.
As a busy mom, it is practically a given that there is a lot of chicken on the menu. Chicken goes with so many things - from taco fixings to bold sauces, sandwiches, and salads.
And, of course, it is the perfect simple meal that works with so many side dishes.
This chicken breast in the Ninja Foodi is one of my favorites!
The steam crisp function takes flavors to the next level, delivering juicy, tender chicken that is so full of flavor.
Ninja Foodi chicken breast recipes are perfect for meal prep, so you have chicken on hand for easy and quick meals all week long.
- Chicken: I recommend using thawed, boneless skinless chicken breast for this recipe. Chicken thighs could also be used. You can also use frozen, just increase the cooking time by about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Seasonings: A blend of chili powder, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper adds just the right amount of flavor. You can play with the flavors to customize to your liking. Lemon pepper, dried basil, and parsley are also nice options.
- Liquids: Chicken broth adds a delicious savory note, while lemon juice brightens up the flavor. You can use all broth, but I love using a combination of the two. If you don't have chicken broth on hand, you can also use vegetable broth or water.
- Cornstarch (optional): If you want to create a pan sauce in your Ninja Foodi, cornstarch is a great way to thicken it. You could also thicken it with flour or xanthan gum.
Tips & Tricks
- If you like, you can pound the chicken to about ½ inch thick so it will cook evenly. (This step is optional; this recipe isn’t fussy, and I haven’t found this necessary with average-sized chicken breast.)
- Make sure to rub the seasoning mix onto the chicken breasts before cooking. This will ensure that all sides are well-seasoned and full of flavor.
- If you want a pan sauce, remove the cooked chicken from your Ninja Foodi and then set to sauté mode. Whisk in some cornstarch, adding additional broth if desired. Cook and stir until the sauce thickens.
- For the best flavor, season the chicken for at least one hour and up to a day ahead of time.
Chicken breast in the Ninja Foodi works well with so many sides! Here are some great options.
- Air Fryer Stuffing
- Braised Red Cabbage
- Creamed Spinach with Cream Cheese
- Slow Cooker Polenta
- Roasted Shaved Brussels Sprouts
- Crockpot Mac and Cheese
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you cook frozen chicken in the Ninja Foodi?
Yes, frozen chicken will work. To make ninja foodi frozen chicken breast, just increase the cooking time by about 6-8 minutes.
Make sure you check your cooked chicken with a meat thermometer to ensure that it is cooked all the way through.
Can I use other types of chicken for this recipe?
Yes, you can definitely use thighs or drumsticks instead of chicken breast. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly. You could use bone-in chicken, just make sure to increase the cooking time.
How long does it take to cook a chicken breast in a Ninja Foodi?
It usually takes about 15-18 minutes.
Keep in mind that cooking time will vary based on the size and thickness of your chicken.
Always make sure the internal temperature reaches 165°F before serving, or 160 ° F before you remove the chicken from the air fryer basket.
Don't forget to let it rest for about 5 minutes
Tools Needed to Make
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
You can store leftover chicken in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Reheat it in the microwave or using the air fryer function on your Ninja Foodi.
How to Make
First, pat the chicken dry with paper towels and then place it in a small dish.
In a separate small dish, combine chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture all over the chicken breasts. Use clean hands to gently press the mixture into the chicken.
Next, pour chicken broth and lemon juice into the inner pot of your Ninja Foodi.
Place the chicken breast in the air crisper basket and then place it on top of the liquid in the inner pot.
Close the lid and select STEAMCRISP at 400°F for 17 minutes for larger chicken breasts or 15 minutes for smaller ones.
When finished cooking, check the internal temperature with an instant-read thermometer to make sure it has reached 160 °F. Let rest for about 5 minutes before serving. The chicken will continue to rise in temperature as it rests.
For a delicious pan sauce, remove the cooked chicken from the Ninja Foodi and set to SAUTE mode.
Whisk in some cornstarch, adding additional broth if desired. Cook and stir until thickened before serving over the chicken. Enjoy
More Ninja Foodi Recipes to Try
- Ninja Foodi Apple Crisp
- Easy Ninja Foodi Potato Soup
- Ninja Foodi Cornbread
- French Onion Soup in the Ninja Foodi
Ninja Foodi Chicken Breast
- Ninja Foodi
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup lemon juice or more broth
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch optional
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
- In a small dish, combine the chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the seasonings over the chicken.
- Place the inner pot in your Ninja Foodi and pour the broth and lemon juice into the pot.
- Place the chicken in your air crisper basket and place in the inner pot on top of the liquid.
STEAMCRISP Function (preferred)
- Select STEAMCRISP, and set the temperature to 400° F.
- Set the time to 17 minutes for large breasts and 15 minutes for small.
- Place the crisper basket on top of the inner pot and close the lid. Hit START.
- When the time is up, carefully open the lid and remove the air crisp basket.
- Use an instant read thermometer, and make sure that the internal temperature is at least 160° F.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. The temperature will continue to rise as the chicken rests, and should be at least 165° F before serving.
- Place the basket on top of the inner pot and close the lid. Turn the valve to sealing.
- Select PRESSURE, HI and set the time to 8 minutes for large breasts and 7 minutes for small.
- When the time is up, do an instant release. Lift the basket from the Ninja Foodi, and carefully pour out the liquid from the inner pot.
- Return the pot and chicken to the Foodi and set to AIR FRY at 400 ° F for 4 minutes, until the chicken is lightly brown and the internal temperature is at least 160° F.
Optional Pan Sauce
- While the chicken is resting, set the Ninja Foodi to saute. Whisk the cornstarch into the broth. (You can add additional broth if desired.)
- Cook until the mixture is boil and thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce.