about the recipe
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have a perfectly roasted, juicy, and succulent whole chicken with minimal effort? Well, believe it or not, you can now accomplish this feat with ease using the Ninja Foodi! In this blog post, we will discuss how to use the Ninja Foodi pressure cooking/air fryer hybrid appliance to make a perfect roast-style Ninja Foodi whole chicken bursting with flavor. With just a few simple steps and minimal hands-on time required, this simple recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight.
– 2 ½ tablespoons BBQ seasoning – 2 teaspoons sea salt – 3 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil – 3 to 5 pound whole chicken – 1 cup chicken broth – 2 tablespoons butter melted
– In a small bowl, combine the BBQ seasoning, salt, and oil.
– Rub the oil mixture all over the chicken, under the skin and over the meat. Place the chicken in the air-crisp basket.
– Pour the broth in the bottom of the inner pot to your Ninja Foodi, and place the basket on top.
– Set your Foodi to HIGH pressure, and set the time for 15 minutes.
– When the time is done, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, and then release. Carefully open the lid.
– Brush the chicken skin with the butter. Set the Ninja Foodi to Air Fry at 400° F for 20 minutes. Cook until the chicken is golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh registers 160° F. Allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes before carving.