about the recipe
This Sheet Pan Salmon with asparagus, tomatoes, and shallots is an easy to make weeknight meal that you will turn to again and again. With just five ingredients, it couldn’t be simpler to prepare and yet delivers an unexpected complexity of flavor. Keep this recipe in your back pocket for the next time you are short on time and need a meal that is pretty enough for company.
– 1 pound asparagus ends trimmed – 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided – Salt and Pepper – 20 ounces salmon filets – 4 shallots sliced – 1 lemon sliced into rounds – 1 cup cherry tomatoes
– Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. – Place the trimmed asparagus in a single layer on the baking sheet.
– Season well with salt and pepper and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. – Place the salmon on top of the asparagus
Add the shallots.
And then the tomatoes.
– Add the lemons and then drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
– Cook for 8 to 15 minutes, until the salmon reaches the desired temperature and the asparagus is crisp-tender.