about the recipe
Looking for a hearty and flavorful dinner that practically cooks itself? Look no further than this slow cooker Salisbury steak recipe! Made with juicy ground beef, aromatic onions, and a savory brown gravy, this dish is the ultimate comfort food. What's more, it's incredibly easy to make - all you need is a crockpot and simple ingredients. Learn how to make this delicious and satisfying meal that'll have your taste buds singing in no time!
Beef Patties – 2 pounds ground beef – ⅔ cup breadcrumbs – ½ cup diced yellow onion – 2 large eggs – 2 teaspoons sea salt – ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – 2 tablespoons avocado oil or other neutral oil – Vegetables – 8 ounces mushrooms – 1 sliced yellow onion Gravy – 2 cups beef broth – 1 1-ounce packet brown gravy mix – 1 teaspoon yellow mustard – 2 tablespoons cornstarch
– Make the patties by combining the ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion, eggs, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
– Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions, and then shape the portions into oval patties, about ½ inch thick.
– Heat a skillet to medium high heat, or preheat your multi-cooker to saute. – Add the patties, and sear until browned, about 3 minutes. Flip, and cook for another 2 minutes.
– Remove from the skillet. – Place half of the mushrooms and onions on the bottom of the slow cooker. Add the patties, and then add the remaining vegetables to the top of the patties.
– In a large bowl, whisk together the beef broth, gravy mix, and mustard. Pour over the patties. – Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
– Remove the patties from the slow cooker, and tent with foil. – Whisk the cornstarch with ¼ cup of water until smooth.
– Add to the gravy and vegetables mixture, and whisk to combine. Cook over high for 5 minutes.
– Serve the patties with the gravy.