about the recipe
This Southwest Baked Chicken is one of my go-to weeknight meals. It is wholesome, ridiculously delicious, and takes just ten minutes of hands-on time. You will love how easy it is to make ahead so that dinner is ready to pop in the oven at the end of a busy day.
– 1 teaspoon onion powder – 1 teaspoon chili powder – 1 teaspoon smoked paprika – 1 teaspoon sea salt – 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast – ½ tablespoon olive oil – 3 ounces shredded cheddar cheese – 2 tomatoes sliced thin – 1 cup thinly sliced red onion – 6 cloves garlic sliced thin – 1 jalapeño sliced thin – 1 lime juiced – Cilantro for garnish
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
– In a small bowl, mix together onion powder, chili powder, smoked paprika and sea salt.
– Place chicken in a baking dish and brush with olive oil. Sprinkled evenly with spice mixture.
– Sprinkle with cheese and top with tomatoes, onion, garlic and jalapeño.
– Bake for 25 minutes, until cooked through.
– Squeeze lime juice over chicken and garnish with chopped cilantro and green onions.