about the recipe
Looking for a tasty dinner sure to please family and friends? Look further than these street steak tacos! With a punchy marinate, they are everything you want out of a steak taco in a delicious portable bite that is perfect for entertaining.
– 1 ½ pounds steak skirt steak, flank steak or hanger steak – ¼ cup avocado oil or oil of choice – ¼ cup soy sauce – 2 tablespoons lime juice – 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce – 1 teaspoon ground cumin – 1 teaspoon chili powder – 1 teaspoon garlic powder – 1 teaspoon sea salt – ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper To Assemble – Street taco tortillas - corn or flour – ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro – 2 limes cut into wedges – Optional toppings: chopped tomatoes red onion, avocado, cheese
– Place the steak in a shallow dish.
– In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, soy sauce, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
– Pour the marinade over the steak and allow to sit at room temperature for an hour. Alternatively, you can refrigerate the steak for up to four hours.
– Heat your grill to medium- high heat. Brush the grates with oil. – Cook the steaks for 8 to 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. (For medium rare. Actual time will depend on the shape and thickness of the steak.)
– Allow to the rest for 5 minutes, and then slice against the grain into strips. – Heat the tortillas until warmed through, about 1 minute per side.
– Add the meat to the tortillas and serve with your desired toppings.