about the recipe
For a delicious meal that will keep the whole family happy, give this Tri-Tip Sandwich recipe a try! It is the perfect way to use leftover tri-tip, and oh, so satisfying. Best of all, it is easy to make and can be customized with your favorite toppings.
Sauce – ½ cup mayonnaise – 1 cloves minced garlic – 2 tablespoons capers drained and chopped – Salt and black pepper to taste Sandwiches – 1 pound leftover grilled tri tip sliced thin – 2 ounce sliced provolone – 1 small red onion sliced thin – 6 rolls split and toasted – 2 cups baby arugula – 1 tomato sliced
– Make the sauce by combining the mayonnaise, garlic, capers, salt, and pepper.
– Heat the tri-tip in a large skillet or on a griddle. – Add the cheese slices and cover. Cook until the cheese melts.
– Remove from heat. – Add the onion to the skillet, and cook until softened and slightly brown.
– While the steak is heating, split and toast your buns.
– Spread the mayonnaise blend on the rolls and top with the arugula. – Add the meat and cheese, and then top with the onion and tomato.
– Slice the sandwiches in half, and serve.