about the recipe
These easy Vegetarian Fajitas are made with onion, peppers, mushrooms, and zucchini seasoned in a zesty marinade. This flavor-packed meal has very little hands-on prep time making it perfect for a speedy weeknight meal. It just may become one of your favorite ways to use up your vegetables at the end of the week - feel free to get creative and use what you have on hand!
Marinade – ¼ cup avocado oil – 1 lime juiced – 1 teaspoon chili powder – 1 teaspoon garlic powder – 1 teaspoon smoked paprika – ½ teaspoon ground cumin – Salt and Pepper to Taste Vegetables – 1 tablespoon avocado oil – 1 large red onion sliced – 3 bell peppers any color, seeded and cut into strips – 8 ounces mushrooms sliced – 1 zucchini cut into matchsticks – 2 cloves garlic minced For Serving – 8 Corn Tortillas – Avocado or Guacamole – Salsa or Hot Sauce – Sour Cream – Cheese
– In a small bowl combine avocado oil, lime juice, chili powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
– Place mushrooms, onions, peppers, zucchini and garlic in a shallow dish. Pour marinade over the vegetables and let marinade for 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
– Heat the oil in a skillet to medium-high heat. Drain the vegetables.
– Add the onion and peppers to the pan and cook, stirring often, for 6 minutes.
– Add mushrooms and zucchini and cook for 5 more minutes. – Meanwhile, while the vegetables are cooking heat another skillet over medium-high heat. Heat tortillas in the skillet until warmed through, about 2 minutes per side.