about the recipe
For a delicious and easy appetizer that is sure to delight, don’t miss this whipped ricotta dip. This easy appetizer has just a handful of ingredients and takes less than 15 minutes to make. Serve it with baguettes, pita chips, or raw vegetables, and be prepared for happy smiles all around.
– 1 tablespoon oil – 1 onion diced – 5 ounces fresh spinach chopped – 2 cups cooked diced chicken breast or thighs – 16 ounces penne pasta cooked according to package directions – 8 ounces bacon cooked and chopped – 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature – ¾ cup ranch dressing – ½ teaspoon sea salt – ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper – 8 ounces cheddar cheese shredded, divided
– Place the ricotta in a medium bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer.
– Beat on high until light, fluffy, and well-aerated.
– Beat in the heavy cream until mixed.
– Stir in the parmesan, lemon zest, thyme, salt, and crushed red pepper flakes.
– Transfer to a serving bowl.
– Top with nuts, flaky salt, olive oil, and black pepper.