Veggie Quinoa Pasta Recipe
This Loaded Veggie Quinoa Pasta is a simple, delicious and nutritious meal! Perfect to make ahead for lunch or as a side dish to your next BBQ. (Gluten Free & Vegan)
- 8 ounces Quinoa Pasta Shells
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 small yellow squash cut into ¾ inch pieces
- 1 red pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 cup green beans trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons basil sliced thin
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
Meanwhile, spray a large skillet with olive oil and heat to medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add squash, red pepper, green beans and corn. Cook for 5 minutes, until crisp tender.
Combine pasta and red quinoa. Toss with vegetables and stir in cherry tomatoes.
Toss with the balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Top with almonds and basil and serve.
Calories: 362kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 398mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 970IU | Vitamin C: 35.9mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 2.1mg