Things have been so crazy around here. We are hopefully almost done working through technical issues (Yay!). You may notice that the URL is now https://wendypolisi.com instead of httpS://wendypolisi.com.
For some of you that means that you may click on a link and your browser will automatically revert to the old https and if this happens you need to clear your cache OR in some cases just manually deleting the s that your browser put into the url will work.
Sorry for the trouble...and to make up for it I have some comfort food for you.
You know I love Mexican food and while I love rice or quinoa with it, every now and then I like to mix things up. These Mexican smashed potatoes are a fun way to do it.
Don't eat white potatoes? This would also be good with sweet potatoes - just boil them until they are tender.
Mexican Smashed Potatoes
- 1 lb waxy potatoes washed and cut into discs
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 medium white onions halved and sliced thin
- 2 poblano chili peppers peeled and seeded
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- Place sliced potatoes into a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
- Heat oil over medium high. Add potatoes, onion and chili peppers and cook for 12 minutes, using the back of your spoon to break apart the potatoes. Reduce heat to medium low and add garlic, cumin, paprika and salt. Stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl. Add yogurt or sour cream and mash with the back of a fork or a potato masher. Garnish with cilantro and serve warm.