You won’t believe how quickly this Easy Vegetable Lasagna Recipe comes together! Packed with veggies, this easy vegetarian lasagna recipe is a staple recipe your family will beg you to make time and again! Gluten Free.
There is a lot to love about this time of year! One of my favorite things is all of the fresh from the farm produce that is available. It may sound crazy, but the farmer’s market is one of my favorite places to go.
My kids are actually pretty good about it and will let me drag them around without complaint. (The boys are great about carrying my finds.)
Maybe it is because they know that I get excited when my refrigerator is packed with freshness in the same way some girls get excited by new clothes.
To me, there is nothing better than creating a delicious family meal with the freshest seasonal ingredients. The perfect example is this Easy Vegetable Lasagna Recipe.
I love lasagna enough that we enjoy it year around, but when spring and summer comes, I always make sure my lasagna is packed with vegetables.
Today I’ve used spinach and zucchini, but eggplant and summer squash would also be great. Combined with fresh gluten free lasagna noodles, I’ve got a meal that is satisfying and delicious. (Obviously if you aren’t gluten free you can substitute regular lasagna noodles!)
While lasagna can sound like a meal that would take a lot of time, this dish came together in a flash. I used Slow Cooker Marinara that I had in the fridge, but you could use jarred pasta sauce just as easily!
How to Make Easy Vegetable Lasagna
1. Cook your vegetables. If you do not wish to cook the zucchini, you can salt it well and let it drain on paper towels. Blot at proceed. (You do need to cook the spinach.)
2. Combine ricotta, Parmesan, egg, garlic, basil, parsley, crushed red pepper and cooked spinach.
3. Spray a casserole dish and spread 1/2 cup marinara on the bottom.
4. Top with a layer of noodles, a layer of zucchini,1/2 of the ricotta mixture and mozzarella.
5. Repeat layers.
6. End with a layer of noodles, marinara, and remaining mozzarella.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
8. Allow to cool for 15 minutes prior to serving.
Starting with prepared marinara sauce, this lasagna comes together in less than twenty minutes! Just cook the veggies, mix up the ricotta mixture, and layer the lasagna and you’ve got a farm fresh meal the whole family will love.
This is the kind of recipe I love to get the kids involved in preparing!
What is your favorite way to incorporate farm fresh ingredients into your meals?
Frequently Asked Questions for Easy Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe:
What Vegetables Are Good In Lasagna?
There are so many vegetables that work in lasagna. You can saute red pepper, onions and mushrooms and add any of them to your lasagna. Zucchini, spinach, squash and eggplant are other great options.
Do I Have to Cook Spinach Before Putting it in Lasagna?
Yes, you need to cook spinach before you put it in your lasagna. The reason is that spinach gives off a lot of liquid when it is cooked and if you do not pre-cook it before putting it into your lasagna it will be very watery.
Tools for Making Easy Vegetable Lasagna:
If you make this easy vegetarian lasagna recipe let me know how it goes!
Easy Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe
You won't believe how quickly this Easy Vegetable Lasagna Recipe comes together! Packed with veggies, this easy vegetarian lasagna recipe is a staple recipe your family will beg you to make time and again! Gluten Free.
- 1 pound zucchini trimmed and sliced thin lengthwise
- 9 ounces fresh spinach chopped
- 24 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces parmesan
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 24 ounces marinara
- 12 ounces part-skim mozzarella
- 12 ounces gluten free lasagna noodles cooked according to package directions
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and spray with oil. Season zucchini strips with salt and pepper. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes. (The cooking time will vary according to how thinly you slice your zucchini.) Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spray the pan again and add the spinach. Cook until the spinach wilts. Transfer to a plate lined with a clean towel and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan, egg, garlic, basil, parsley and crushed red pepper. Stir in spinach and season with salt and pepper.
Coat a 13 x 9 casserole dish with cooking spray and spread 1/2 cup of the Marinara on the bottom. Top with a layer of noodles, a layer of zucchini, 1/2 of the ricotta mixture and mozzarella. Spread 1/3 of the remaining marinara and repeat the layers. End with a layer of noodles, marinara and remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool for 15 minutes prior to serving.
Variations for Gluten Free Vegetarian Lasagna:
- Use Eggplant or Summer Squash in place of the zucchini.
- Use a Creamy Tomato Sauce in place of traditional pasta sauce.
- Omit the noodles all together and make Zucchini Lasagna.
If You Like Easy Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe You May Also Like: