This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BringYourBestBowl #Target #CollectiveBias
This Savory Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl with Bacon, Avocado & Fried Egg is a different and delicious way to start your day. It will make you love savory oats.
Today, I’m bringing you my best bowl with Quaker® Oats.
When you think of Quaker® Oats, chances are a sweet breakfast bowl comes to mind. For years, I was the same way.
Then I tried a pub “cheese” recipe, made with Quaker® Oats on a sandwich, and I became obsessed with all the different things you could do with oats.
Immediately, I began to think about savory breakfast oats.
If you’ve never tried savory oats, the idea may sound strange. But just like quinoa, millet, and rice, oats are just as amazing sweet as they are savory.
There is no better way to start your day than with a hearty breakfast with things you love. This bowl has some of my favorite things – crispy turkey bacon, avocado, and egg fried just the way I like it. Of course, it is all tied together with Quaker® Oats, which come alive in the company of bacon and red onion.
If you need some inspiration to find your best bowl for a hearty breakfast, make sure you head to Target and check out the special end caps for inspiring topping ideas.
What is your best bowl? Don’t forget to head to Target for inspiration and enter Quaker’s National Bring Your best Bowl Contest.
Savory Oatmeal Bowl with Bacon, Avocado & Fried Egg
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 4 slices turkey bacon diced
- 1 cup oatmeal Old Fashioned
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado sliced
- Spray a saucepan well with oil. Add red onion and turkey bacon and cook until bacon is browned. Add Quaker® Oats and 1 3/4 cups water (or broth). Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet fry egg to desired donenness.
- When oatmeal is done, divide into serving bowls. Top with egg, tomato and avocado. Serve warm.