Try this Spicy Mexican Quinoa Wraps for a quick and easy weeknight meal that the whole family will love. Gluten Free & Vegan
In case you haven't noticed, I've been a little obsessed with wraps lately.
We have had such beautiful weather, and the last thing I want to be doing is slaving over a hot stove. I am trying to soak up as much sun as I can before it gets too hot here.
Salads and wraps are my go-to dinner right now.
I love how quick and easy wraps are to pull together, and how enthusiastic the family is when I serve them. Since all three of my kids are picky eaters, it is nice to let everyone pick and choose what they want.
In my second book, I had an entire section devoted to quinoa wraps, tacos, and sandwiches, and I recently realized that I have never shared many of the recipes online.
This Spicy Mexican Quinoa Wrap is a delicious dinner solution that I think you will enjoy as much as we did.
The original recipe was made with organic silken tofu and was vegan. These days, I try to stay away from soy, since my stomach doesn't seem to like it.
If you tolerate it, the sauce is great with silken tofu. If soy isn't your thing, no worries! You can easily substitute Greek yogurt or sour cream into the sauce. It will still be fabulous!
- ½ cup organic silken tofu or Greek Yogurt (dairy or non-dairy)
- ½ cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 chipotle chili (from a can of chipotle chili peppers in adobo sauce)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup organic corn, thawed
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 4 large gluten free wraps
- In a blender or food processor, combine tofu, salsa, nutritional yeast, chipotle chili, and garlic. Process until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, corn, black beans and cilantro. Add ¼ cup tofu mixture and toss. Add ¼ of quinoa mixture, avocado and tomato to each tortilla and drizzle with additional sauce. Roll up and serve with additional sauce on the side.
- If you would like to enjoy this wrap warm, heat a skillet
tomedium-low heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Cook until golden brown. Alternatively, heat sandwich in a non-stick griddle or indoor sandwich press until golden brown.