This Asian Chicken Salad makes the perfect weekday lunch! You can toss everything except the avocado ahead of time if you want. Gluten Free & Dairy Free with a Vegan option.
If you’ve been around here long, you know that I love salad.
But this Asian Chicken Salad….
I first threw this salad together on a whim late last year. It was one of those days when my holiday to-do list was getting to me. I knew I needed to make something healthy, but I was also in dire need of something yummy.
I pulled out some rice noodles from the pantry and dug around in the produce drawer to see what I could find, and before I knew it, I was one happy girl.
I’ve lost track of home many times I have made this Asian Chicken Salad or some variation of it in the last two months.
It has become my go-to lunch because it is the perfect blend of a healthy salad and a touch of pasta that I find so satisfying. (Because pasta makes any meal better.)
This salad is fabulous as is, but if you want to mix things up a bit, mandarin oranges, red pepper, wontons, and almonds would all be great additions.
This salad is fabulous if you are trying to meal prep, because everything but the avocado holds really well in the fridge. I’ve even tossed the salad ahead of time before and it was still amazing.
Do you have a go-to salad? Do share!
If You Like This Asian Chicken Salad You May Also Like:
- Pear Quinoa Salad with Walnuts & Goat Cheese
- Asian Quinoa Salad
- Avocado Pesto Quinoa Pasta
- Cranberry Avocado & Blue Cheese Salad
- Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai
This Asian Chicken Salad makes the perfect weekday lunch! You can toss everything except the avocado ahead of time making it perfect for your busy work week.
- 3.5 ounces Napa Cabbage shredded, about 1/2 head
- 3.5 ounces Kale shredded, about 1 small bunch
- 16 ounces chicken cooked and shredded
- 1 cup carrots grated
- 4 ounces rice noodles cooked according to package directions
- 2 scallions sliced
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Asian Dressing for Serving
Combine cabbage, kale, chicken, carrots and rice noodles in a large bowl.
Toss with Asian Dressing.
Top with scallions, avocado and sesame seeds and serve.
- If you are making this ahead of time but don't plan on tossing it until the last minute, I would recommend tossing the rice noodles with a touch of olive oil to keep them soft. Alternatively, you can store them in a container filled with water and drain at the last minute.
- Easily make this a vegan Asian Salad by substituting cooked tempeh for the chicken. This Marinated Peanut Tempeh looks amazing.
- Short on time? Use a purchased salad dressing. I really like Newman's own Sesame Ginger Dressing.