Thank you PEBBLES™ Cereal for sponsoring this post. PEBBLES™ Cereal is gluten-free and a great inclusive option for your family!
When you want to wow a crowd, this Gluten-Free Chocolate Pie really delivers! Creamy chocolate filling is baked over a crispy cereal crust. The finishing touch is a slathering of whipped cream and a sprinkling of grated chocolate. I think you will agree that this is a worthy indulgence.
This Gluten-Free Chocolate Pie Will Wow The Whole Crowd!
If there is anything better than Chocolate Pie, I am not sure what it is.
It is a universally loved treat, that is perfect year-round. Holidays, the dead of summer…it really doesn't matter. Chocolate Pie elevates any occasion. Or Tuesday night.
Pies have been a challenge for me since going gluten-free. Buying a crust is out of the question because everyone that I’ve tried has just been…sad.
I don’t always have the patience to make my own. Gluten-free crusts can be a bit fussy to work with, and often don’t have the same pliability as their glutinous counterparts.
A few weeks back, I attended a gathering where the host served a pie on a cereal crust, and it got me thinking. I could useCocoa PEBBLES™to make an easy and delicious chocolate crust!
Did you know that PEBBLES™ cereal is gluten-free? I don’t mean that there is a gluten-free version. Rather, the same great cereal that you know just happens to be gluten-free. It is available in four flavors including all-time favorites Fruity PEBBLES™ and Cocoa PEBBLES™.
Not only is PEBBLES™ cereal and inclusive breakfast and snack-time solution, it makes a heck of a gluten-free pie crust.
Did you know that November is Gluten-Free Diet Awareness month?
I can’t think of a better way to celebrate than with a delicious Gluten-Free Chocolate Pie.
I have to warn you though – this pie didn’t last long at my house. I made it the day before my birthday and it was gone in a flash. The boys started circling the kitchen – as only teenage boys can do – while the crust was still in the oven.
That was when I knew that I had a winner! It is no surprise with the amazing flavor and crispy crunchy rice from Cocoa PEBBLES™.
Topped with homemade whipped cream, it is absolutely magical!
Visit postpebblescereal.com for more information, including recipe and craft ideas.
How to Make Gluten-Free Chocolate Pie
1 First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place the cereal in the food processor and pulse to crush. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the butter until the cereal is moist. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the side of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 16 minutes, and then allow to cool.
2 Next, melt the chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
3 In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating to combine before adding another.
4 Stir in the melted chocolate, flour, and vanilla extract.
5 Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, protecting the edges for the last 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for an hour, and then refrigerated for at least an hour before serving. Serve with whipped cream.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Pie
- 3 ½ cups Cocoa PEBBLES™
- ½ cup butter melted
- 11 ½ ounce chocolate chips
- ½ cup salted butter softened
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup gluten-free flour blend with xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Whipped cream for serving
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the cereal in a food processor and pulse to crush. Stir in the butter until the cereal is moist. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the side of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for about 16 minutes, until the crust is brown and crisp. Allow to cool.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating to combine before adding in another.
- Stir in the melted chocolate, flour, and vanilla extract.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, protecting the edges for the last 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour, and this chill for at least an hour before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream.
THE FLINTSTONES and all related characters and elements © & ™ Hanna-Barbera. (s19)