This Hearty Quinoa Bread is hands-down one of my favorite homemade bread recipes that I have ever made. This delicious bread is nutrient dense with sunflower seeds, quinoa, and chia seeds.
Things are still kinda crazy around our house. Skye aka Princess Fuss-A-Boo is still working on those four teeth and has gone back to getting up three times a night and starting her day at 5am. She's also working on pulling up, which involved no fear on her part and lots of falling and tears.
The boys are overtired because I keep falling asleep early and Dad stays up way to late with them watching movies. Tired boys = Cranky boys.
All of this adds up to the fact that Mama needs some carbs and some chocolate.
There just may be a Chocolate Hazelnut Tart with a Quinoa Crust coming your way before Valentine's day. And some Strawberry Muffins. Did I mention I made Mint Quinoa Brownies too?
Hmmm...yeah. Going to need to spread those posts out a bit to keep the health factor up around here.
In the mean time, I thought I'd share with you one of my favorite bread recipes. Because really, bread is my favorite carb. This Gluten Free Hearty Quinoa Bread is from my Gluten Free Hardback, and I've had more than one person email me and tell me is is one of their all time favorite gluten free bread recipes.
Hope you enjoy!
Hearty Quinoa Bread
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup warm water 105 to 110 degrees
- 2 ¼ teaspoons yeast
- ¾ cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup toasted quinoa flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon xanthan gum
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup quinoa rinsed
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 3 eggs OR flax eggs 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds PLUS 9 tablespoons warm water
- ½ cup milk of choice
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil cooled slightly
- ¼ cup organic molasses
- 1 ½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Prepare a 9 x 5 loaf pan by spraying with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine honey and water. Sprinkle yeast on top and set aside for about 10 minutes, or until frothy.
- If using flax eggs, combine 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds plus 9 tablespoons warm water in a small bowl. Stir well and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together sorghum flour, quinoa flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, xanthan gum and sea salt. Add in sunflower seeds, quinoa and chia seeds and stir until well combined. In a large bowl or the bowl to your stand mixer combine (flax) eggs, milk, coconut oil, molasses and vinegar. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and beat on low for about 1 ½ minutes. Add yeast and beat for 3 minutes at medium high. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Place in a warm location and cover with a moist towel. Allow to rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake loaf for 45 to 55 minutes, until the crust is a dark brown. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then turn out onto a cutting board.