Indulge in the velvety goodness of our Avocado Cream, a lush blend of ripe avocados whipped into a silky smooth delight. This creamy concoction is your ticket to a paradise of flavors with its creamy texture and subtle heat. Serve it as a dip or spread; it's a versatile gem that will add a luxurious touch to any meal.
In my opinion, a great sauce can elevate almost any dish.
This easy-to-make avocado cream sauce is one of my favorites!
This creamy dip will not only satisfy your taste buds but also give you a boost of nutrients. So, go ahead and indulge guilt-free - this recipe is gluten-free and keto friendly.
- Avocado: For this recipe, we'll be using a ripe, medium-sized avocado.
- Sour Cream: This aids in creating the thick consistency we're looking for. You can use dairy-free sour cream to make this vegan. If you're feeling adventurous, why not give Greek Yogurt a try? It's a great, protein-packed substitute.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: A pop of acid adds just the right balance. You could use red wine vinegar if you don't have apple cider.
- Lime: We'll use the juice of one lime in our recipe. Fresh lime juice adds to the flavor and helps keep the avocado from browning too quickly.
- Hot Pickled Jalapeño: Pickled jalapeno adds a bit of heat. If you prefer, you can use mild pickled jalapeno.
- Minced Garlic: Just a teaspoon of minced garlic gives our avocado cream a punch of flavor. If you don't have fresh garlic, a ¼ to ½ teaspoon garlic powder could be used.
- Fresh Cilantro: Adding fresh herbs to our Avocado Cream elevates it from good to great. This can be substituted for parsley if you find that cilantro tastes like soap.
- Sea Salt: You could use kosher salt if you prefer.
- Black Pepper: Use freshly ground pepper for the best flavor.
Step by Step
For the full recipe with measurements, see the recipe card at the end of the post.
Place your avocado, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, lime juice, pickled jalapeño, garlic, cilantro, salt, and pepper into your food processor. Process until everything is smooth and combined.
Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed. You can also adjust the texture to achieve your desired consistency.
Remove Avocado Cream from the food processor and place it in a bowl with plastic wrap over it. Then, store it in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Tips and Tricks
- Choose Your Avocados Wisely: Look for avocados that are ripe but still firm to the touch. They should yield slightly when pressed but not feel mushy. A perfect avocado is key to a great Avocado Cream.
- Chill Before Serving: After blending your Avocado Cream, let it chill in the fridge for at least 30-minutes before serving. This allows the flavors to blend together and the cream to thicken slightly, enhancing its deliciousness.
- Experiment with Flavors: While Avocado Cream is delightful on its own, you can also jazz it up with other ingredients like garlic, chilli flakes or fresh herbs. Make it your own and let your culinary creativity shine!
- Get Creative with Serving: This avocado crema recipe can be used as a salad dressing, served with tortilla chips and veggies, or used as a topper for burrito bowls. You can use it anywhere where you would use guacamole!
Storing Creamy Avocado Sauce
This dip will look the freshest the day it is made, but you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
When storing avocado cream, I recommend placing the plastic wrap directly on the surface of the dip. This will slow down the browning process.
- Blender or Food Processor
5-Minute Avocado Cream
- 1 medium avocado chopped
- ¼ cup sour cream dairy or non-dairy; you can also use Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon hot pickled jalapeño chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Place avocado, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, lime, jalapeño, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper in a food process. Process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Store in the refrigerator with plastic wrap directly on the dip for up to two days.