Looking for a quick healthy lunch? Give this Easy Vegan Wrap with Quinoa a try! It comes together in less than 10 minutes and is delicious and nutritious.
Lately, I've been sharing a lot of my baking adventures - and with good reason. I've become utterly obsessed with creating gluten free goodies using quinoa flour. For such a long time I didn't do much baking because I wasn't thrilled with the smell of quinoa flour, which straight from the box is quite strong. Since I've started toasting the flour and gotten used to how it behaves, quinoa flour and I are having a culinary love affair of sorts.
Still, I know a lot of you are far too busy right now to join me on my baking journey. (Or, you are just trying to stay away from baked goods!)
So, I wanted to take a pause and share with you an easy breakfast and lunch that I have several times a week. It's one of those things I make when I'm hungry and have no idea what to eat.
Honestly, for about two months I made it every single morning for breakfast. In place of my stinky salad. Because I'm obsessive that way.
Anyways, I'm well aware that this isn't really a recipe. Think of it as a little inspiration towards creating a healthy dish that tastes delicious and doesn't require a lot of effort.
On the day I photographed this, I made it with black beans, sprouts, tomatoes and carrots. Other things I've included and loved include:
- red onion (especially pickled red onions)
- banana peppers
- shredded lettuce
- roasted garbanzo beans (LOVE)
- organic corn
- red pepper (raw or roasted)
What's your go-to meal when you are too tired to think about what to cook?
Tools for Making Easy Vegan Wraps
Easy Vegan Wraps
Easy Vegan Wrap with Quinoa
- If using corn tortillas, place in the toaster. Alternatively, heat larger tortillas for 1 minute per side on a hot dry skillet.
- In a small bowl combine cooked quinoa and black beans.
- Place tortillas on a plate and spread with hummus or mayo. Divide quinoa mixture evenly and top with tomatoes, carrots and sprouts. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar dressing and serve.