This Egg Tomato and Avocado Sandwich with Spicy Yogurt Spread is the perfect healthy savory breakfast recipe that the whole family will love!
Confession: I'm a total carb girl.
If I could eat nothing but carbs (and cheese) for the rest of my life, I would be a happy camper.
Sadly, those carbs do not love me back the way I love them.
Though studies have shown that people who eat a higher protein breakfast end up eating less later in the day, I've been slow to adopt this practice.
In truth, one of my favorite breakfasts is two sprouted corn tortillas loaded with veggies. Not exactly stick to your ribs kind of food.
On of my first goals with my Spring Shape Up, is to make sure that I start the day with at least 15 grams of protein.
This is easy if you are an egg lover, but I am not. It's really a shame because 4 out of 5 members of our family eat eggs, making it about as close as we come to all eating the same thing at a meal.
It's not that I can't eat them, it is just that I need a little something special to enjoy eggs. This Egg, Tomato and Avocado Sandwich fits the bill. I adore the Spicy Yogurt Spread but if garlic and cayenne aren't your thing first off in the morning, feel free to adjust or leave it off completely.
Not only did I adore the flavor of this sandwich but it kept me full all morning long. Which says a lot when your baby has had you up since 5 - something.
How do you like to start the day?
More Breakfast Recipes to Try
- Zucchini Pancakes
- Beef Breakfast Sausage
- Pumpkin Chia Pudding
- Gluten-Free Breakfast Sandwich
- Protein Baked Oats
Egg Tomato and Avocado Sandwich with Spicy Yogurt Spread
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- Spicy Yogurt Spread
- 1 tablespoon non-fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 clove garlic minced (optional)
- pinch chipotle chile powder or cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 slices gluten free bread
- 2 slices tomatoes
- ¼ avocado
- Spray a small skillet with olive oil and heat to medium low. Cook eggs as desired.
- Meanwhile in a small dish combine yogurt, garlic, chipotle chile powder and sea salt.
- Toast bread. Spread yogurt on one slice and mash avocado on the other. Top the slice with yogurt with the eggs, and then tomato. Place avocado toast on top of tomato. Cut in half and serve immediately.
What a healthy lunch option.