If you like fast and easy breakfast recipes, you are going to be wild about this Gluten-Free Breakfast Sandwich! It is so versatile, so feel free to play with it and make it your own - this is one of those recipes that you should think of as a guide. (A delicious one!)
Are you a breakfast person?
I almost always wake up and want to eat within the first hour or so. BUT, in general, I'd say that I rarely eat breakfast foods.
I make one exception to this. I am wild about breakfast sandwiches - like today's Gluten-Free Breakfast Sandwich.
I'm not sure why I crave a good egg sandwich, but rarely eat eggs on their own.
I think it is the way everything comes together — crispy bread and bacon, fluffy eggs, and, of course, cheese. (Because everything is better with cheese.)
Give these gluten free breakfast sandwiches a try and I think that you will love them as much as I do.
Ingredients for Making Gluten Free Breakfast Sandwiches
- Egg: I used a large egg; this recipe isn't particularly fussy so use what you have on hand.
- Half and Half: Milk or heavy cream works well too.
- Salt and Pepper: As always, adjust the amount to your personal preferences.
- Bacon: If you are concerned with your fat intake, turkey bacon is a good option.
- Spinach: Optional, but a great way to sneak a little green into your morning.
- Hot Sauce: Use your favorite brand and adjust the heat to just how you like it. (Or leave it off if spicy food isn't your thing.)
- Bread: I am a fan of using a gluten free English muffin when I make breakfast sandwiches, but a bagel or bread work just fine.
- Cheese: Play with this and use what you like!
- For an extra kick of flavor, sprinkle on some fresh chopped chives just before serving.
- Use breakfast sausage in place of the bacon.
- Mix up the cheese! When I am craving a flavor-bomb, I will substitute shredded smoked gouda.
- Add a few slices of avocado or tomato slices to the mix.
- Omit the cheese and instead spread 2 tablespoons of pimento cheese on the English muffins.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are plenty of delicious gluten-free breakfast options available. Here are some ideas to get you started:
-Overnight oats made with gluten-free oats and milk of choice
-A hearty bowl of fruit and yogurt
-Eggs prepared in any style served with roasted potatoes or a green salad
-A breakfast burrito filled with scrambled eggs, beans, and vegetables
-Smoothies made with yogurt, fruit, and gluten-free oats or flaxseed meal
-Pancakes or waffles made with a gluten-free flour blend
-French toast made with thick slices of gluten-free bread
-Gluten Free Breakfast Sandwiches
A breakfast sandwich is typically made up of eggs, cheese, and meat served on bread or a bagel.
However, there are endless possibilities when it comes to ingredients.
Some common breakfast sandwich combinations include:
Egg and cheese
Bacon, egg, and cheese
Sausage, egg, and cheese (turkey sausage works too for a healthier breakfast sandwich)
Ham, egg, and cheese
Vegetarian: Egg and avocado
Egg white and spinach
Fried egg, tomato, and pesto
Smoked salmon, cream cheese, and cucumber
Breakfast sandwiches can be served hot or cold. If you're in a hurry, you can even make them ahead of time and reheat them when you're ready to eat.
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Breakfast Sandwich Maker or Sheet Pan
These Gluten-Free Breakfast Sandwiches can be made, excluding the spinach, up to a day ahead of time.
You can also freeze them wrapped individually. Again - omit the spinach and add it when you are ready to serve. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
If You Like This Post You May Also Like:
- Don't let the idea of making crepes intimidate you! These Gluten Free Crepes are SO easy to make, and are loved by kids and adults alike.
- Sure you can buy English Muffins to make this sandwich. But for a real treat, make these Gluten Free English Muffins.
- Your kids will cheer when you start their day with these Quinoa Pancakes. (And, they will never guess that they are a healthier option!)
- Never run out of ideas with these delicious Gluten Free Breakfast Recipes!
I received a Hamilton Beach Breakfast Maker as part of Back2School 2019.
Gluten Free Breakfast Sandwiches
- Breakfast Sandwich Maker
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon half and half
- ¼ teaspoon each of sea salt and black pepper
- 2 slices bacon cooked
- ¼ cup spinach chopped
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 English Muffin
- 1 slice of cheddar cheese
To Make in a Breakfast Maker
- Whisk together egg, half and half, salt, and pepper. Add pepper, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper to taste. (optional)
- Place the bottom half of an English muffin on the bottom plate.
- Top with bacon, spinach, and a drizzle of Sriracha
- Move the top ring and cooking plate down, making sure that the cooking plate is rotated securely to the back of the ring as far as it will go.
- Add the egg to the cooking plate.
- Top with the other half of the bread.
- Close the cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- When finished cooking, rotate the cooking plate handle clockwise until it stops.
- Use an oven mit, lift the ring assembly and cover by holding the bottom handle to open.
Sheet Pan Instructions
- To make on a sheet pan, coat a 3 ½ inch ring with spray and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the pan in the oven, and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together egg, half and half, and sea salt.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and add the egg. Add the English muffin to the pan. (You can butter the English muffins if you like.). Bake for 8 minutes.
- Add cheese and bake for 1 minute longer.
Other Gluten Free Breakfast Ideas:
- You will fall in love with these Gluten Free Banana Muffins from King Arthur Flour.
- This Blueberry Baked Oatmeal from Laura Fuentes is something the whole family will love.
Leave a Reply