This is a sponsored post brought to you by Southern Kitchen. All opinions are my own.
This Gluten Free Apple Crisp Recipe with oats is an easy and healthy(ish) dessert option. Make it in a cast iron skillet for easy cleanup.
I grew up in the South, and many of my earliest memories happened in the kitchen.
I can remember being in the kitchen with my Mom from the time I was Skye’s age. Perhaps my most vivid memories, where those in my Grandmother’s kitchen.
Oh, she could cook. She lived her entire life in a tiny town in middle Georgia. Eating out wasn’t something they did.
She cooked three meals a day, and I don’t recall her ever complaining about it. The back door to the house opened into her kitchen, and friends and family frequently used that door to come and go. Her brother and my Great-Grandmother also lived in the same tiny town, so friends and family were always stopping by.
There was more than just food made in that kitchen. It was such a welcoming kitchen where traditions were passed down, and our family strengthened.
Today I’ve got a Gluten Free Apple Crisp for you, that is simple Southern fare that even a beginning cook can master.
You see that gorgeous skillet? It came from Southern Kitchen, which is a fabulous website to shop for everything you need to make your kitchen functional and beautiful.
Southern Kitchen is all about delivering the very best in eating, drinking and entertaining! They offer quality products that celebrate those of us who are redefining what it means to “cook Southern.” Southern Kitchen is all about the belief that, in the South, more than just food is created in the kitchen.
Having lived this first hand, I get it completely. What happens in the kitchen reflects both the welcoming spirit of the South and the storied history of the region.
Shop Southern Kitchen with this Special Reader Savings!
Right now, you can save $10 off your first purchase over $50 at Southern Kitchen. Use coupon code WELCOME10. SHOP NOW.
Make sure you check out Southern Kitchen’s expansive recipe collection. They are continuously testing, improving and growing it!
Do you have a favorite family recipe you would like to share? Submit your own recipe to Southern Kitchen.
If You Like This Gluten Free Apple Crisp, You May Also Like:
- Coconut Cream Quinoa Tartletts
- Raw Chocolate Orange Torte
- Crispy Quinoa & Cashew Clusters
- Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Parfait
Gluten Free Apple Crisp
- 6 apples peeled and cored
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss together apples, lemon juice, and sweetener.
- Melt butter in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add apples and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, make the topping by combining flour, oats, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Add the butter to the bowl and then mix until crumbly, using clean hands if necessary.
- Scatter the topping over the apples, and bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.
- Apple Crisp with No Flour
Want to make an apple crisp with no flour? Substitute almond meal for the gluten-free flour.
- Sugar-Free Apple Crisp
For a sugar-free apple crisp, use Swerve sweetener.