These Gluten Free Maple Peanut Butter Waffles will rock your world! They are perfect to make ahead and have on hand for school-day breakfasts or a relaxed weekend brunch. Topped with the most delicious maple peanut butter you’ve ever tasted, these gluten-free waffles are to die for! #PeanutButterHappy
I am firmly convinced that I have the three pickiest kids on the planet.
Not only are they all demanding when it comes to food, but they almost never agree on anything. Occasionally, two of them will like something. But never, ever three.
Christian and Skye like pizza. Alex does not. (Pizza! What kid doesn’t like pizza?!!!)
Alex and Skye like chicken nuggets. Christian doesn’t.
Alex and Christian both like chicken legs and hamburgers. Skye won’t touch either.
Oh, I could go on, but you get the idea. From meals to snacks, they really keep me on my toes.
It is exhausting. There are days when I feel like a short order cook.
When we go out my bag is always so heavy because I’m always carrying snacks for everyone. My purse is like a mobile convenience store!Gluten Free Maple Peanut Butter WafflesClick To Tweet
I’ve been working to correct this, and this week I made some progress.
I picked up Jif Bars at Walmart, and I was ecstatic that the kids all liked them.
The boys were BOTH(!) especially enthusiastic, and called them the “best bars ever.”
The apple doesn’t far fall from the tree. I can be picky too, and I think these bars are great. It is rare that I like something, and all three kids do too…score!
Keeping filling snacks on hand is essential to keeping everyone happy when we are on-the-go. These delicious bars keep the whole family Peanut Butter Happy!
And oh, did you know that Jif now has Jif Flavored Spreads? They are so amazing. The first time I tried the Maple Peanut Butter Spread I ended up chasing my husband down in his office telling him the he MUST taste it immediately because it was so good. He hates it when I do this but immediately forgave me when he realized I was telling the truth.
They are so delicious and such an easy solution for breakfast and beyond. I love to make waffles for the kids and keep them in the freezer so that we can quickly heat them back up for breakfast. All of the Jif Spreads make a great topping! Simply spread and enjoy a delicious breakfast.
For those times when I don’t have waffles on hand, we love to enjoy the spreads on toast or even stirred into yogurt or fruit. The perfect way to keep the whole family happy.
How do you keep your family #PeanutButterHappy?
Gluten Free Maple Peanut Butter Waffles
- 12 ounces 2 2/3 cups Gluten Free Flour Blend (with xanthan gum)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar of choice
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds optional
- 1/4 cup Jif Maple Peanut Butter Spread
- 1/4 cup butter melted (or Earth Balance)
- 2 cups buttermilk or scant 2 cups almond milk with 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Jif spread
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Heat waffle iron to medium high heat.
- In a large bowl whisk together Gluten Free Flour, cocoa powder, sugar, sea salt, baking soda and flax seeds. In a blender, combine Jif Maple Peanut Butter spread and butter and process for 1 minute. Add buttermilk and eggs and blend for another minute. Add liquid mixture to dry mixture and stir just until the batter is combined.
- Brush waffle iron with butter and add about 3/4 cup (for a Belgian waffle iron) of batter to the waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Transfer to the warm oven and continue with remaining batter.
- While the waffles are cooking heat Jif spread in a small saucepan over low heat. Whisk until melted. (You can add a little milk to make it thinner if you would like.) Drizzle over warm waffles and serve.
Recipe NotesAny of the Jif Spreads will be amazing here! For variety try the Maple Peanut Butter Spread or the Cinnamon Spread.
Waffles may be made ahead and frozen. Heat before serving.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine.