These Gluten Free Oatmeal Waffles are a delicious breakfast you can feel good about giving your family. With a nutritional boost from oatmeal and yogurt, they are a great way to get nutrition in your kids in the morning.
We all know how important starting the day off with a nutritious breakfast is, but most of us are so busy in the morning that making sure the whole family eats right can be a challenge.
It can be especially challenging this time of year when the kids have headed back-to-school, and we are all adjusting to new schedules.
Since two of my children would rather skip breakfast, it takes a little encouragement to make sure they eat right in the morning.
One of my favorite things to do is to prep a big batch of waffles on the weekend and freeze them so that they are easy to reheat during the week.
[clickToTweet tweet="#GlutenFree Oatmeal Waffles #BRMOats @BobsRedMill" quote="#GlutenFree Oatmeal Waffles #BRMOats"]
Not just any waffles, though.
These Gluten-Free Oatmeal Waffles are packed with the goodness of gluten-free oats, yogurt, and eggs making a delicious, wholesome breakfast that I feel good about giving my kids. They are as easy to make as stirring together the batter and cooking them in the waffle iron. I love to get the boys in on the pre-work.
I love the addition of oats to waffles since they are such a versatile whole grain that are rich in dietary fiber and have been shown to help reduce cholesterol. Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Oates are sourced gluten free and packaged in their 100% gluten free facility. They are kiln roasted to ensure the wholesome flavor your expect from oats and are tested every step of the way to make sure that they are gluten free.
These Gluten-Free Oatmeal Waffles are one back-to-school breakfast that eliminates my morning stress and leaves my kids happy.
Save on Bob’s Red Mill!!! Head over to their website to clip coupons for savings on Bob’s Red Mill products.
Gluten Free Oatmeal Waffles
- 1 ⅔ cups gluten free flour blend I used Bob’s Red Mill One to One
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Quick Oats
- 3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup milk of choice dairy, almond, etc
- 1 ½ cups plain yogurt dairy or non-dairy
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons grass-fed butter melted and cooled slightly
- Preheat waffle iron to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine milk, yogurt, eggs and butter. Pour into dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Place batter into the heated waffle iron. Cook until golden brown.
- May be made ahead and frozen.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.