This Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta offers the best of fall. With crispy sage and butternut squash you can't go wrong!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FamilyPastaTime #CollectiveBias
If I had to pick a favorite time of the year, it would be a tough call. I love the promise of Spring, the fun of Summer and the coziness of Winter. But, if forced to select I think I would have to go with Fall. You've got cooler temperatures, football and of course, fall food.
From butternut squash to apples and pumpkin, I love it all. It is one of my favorite times of year to get busy in the kitchen.
One of my favorite ways to enjoy my favorite fall foods is in a pasta dish. There is something about settling in with a bowl of pasta that seems perfect this time of year.
Barilla® Gluten Free pasta has become one of my go-to brands of pasta. I have used it in today's Gluten Free Penne Pasta with Butternut Squash, Walnuts & Parmesan.
I love that it is non-GMO and tastes like “real” pasta. It is perfect for our family since I am gluten-free, and the rest of the family isn’t. Barilla pasta offers balanced nutrition that our family needs to live a healthy and delicious lifestyle.
This Butternut Squash Pasta with Walnuts & Parmesan offers the best of fall. I love the crispy sage, crunchy walnuts and the hint of saltiness from the Parmesan. And of course, there is that delicious roasted butternut squash.
The only problem with this pasta dish is that you might not want to share.
Tools for Making Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta
Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta
Penne Pasta with Butternut Squash, Walnuts & Parmesan
- 12 ounces Gluten Free Barilla Penne
- 1 ½ pounds butternut squash peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- ½ cup fresh sage
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or Earth Balance
- 3 ounces shaved parmesan cheese or dairy-free parmesan
- ½ cup walnuts toasted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss together butternut squash, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and cook for 25 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet. Fry sage until crispy, about two minutes. Remove sage from skillet.
- Add onion, garlic and red pepper flakes to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes
- Add butter to the skillet and melt. Add cooked pasta and butternut squash and toss until coated. Transfer to serving plates and top with sage, parmesan and walnuts.