Green Beans with Bacon are a great easy to make side dish that is perfect for most any occasion. Fresh green beans and bacon are elevated with a delicious garlic tahini sauce. This recipe is so simple that you may find your other green bean recipes with bacon collecting dust!
Growing up, my dad always had a garden. One thing that he grew every year was green beans.
I can remember watching sports on the weekends with a basket of green beans in my lap. As kids, we were always recruited to help trim and snap the green beans before my mother canned them.
At first, it was fun, but as the day went on, I can remember the task growing old. Especially on the years that his garden did particularly well.
Nothing against canned green beans, but these days I’ve come to appreciate fresh green beans immensely.
Unlike the green beans my Mom canned, these Green Beans with Bacon retain the vibrant color and crisp freshness. I don’t think the texture can be beat.
This Green Bean with Bacon Recipe is such a simple side dish that comes together in about 15 minutes. It works just as well on your holiday table – from Easter to Christmas – as it does for Tuesday night.
I’ve paired these Green beans with Bacon with a simple lemon tahini sauce that you can easily make ahead. In addition to being fabulous on these green beans, it is also great drizzled on bowls, meat or even mixed with a little more olive oil or lemon juice to create a salad dressing.
If You Like These Green Beans with Bacon, You May Also Like:
- Sweet Mustard Broccoli Salad
- Caramelized Brussels Sprouts
- Asparagus & Quinoa with Balsamic Tomatoes
- Tomato Quinoa Pilaf
Green Beans with Bacon
- 1 pound green beans trimmed
- 8 ounces turkey bacon cooked according to package instructions
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add trimmed green beans and boil for 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and place in a bowl of ice water. Drain.
- Meanwhile, whisk together olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, sea salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Drizzle beans with dressing and top with bacon. Serve immediately.