Looking for a quick and easy side dish? Ninja Foodi green beans are the perfect solution! These beans are cooked in minutes and taste delicious. Serve them with your favorite protein or as part of a vegetarian meal. Whatever you do, don't miss out on this tasty side dish!
If you're looking for a quick and easy side dish to serve with dinner tonight, give this easy recipe a try.
It takes minutes to make in your electric pressure cooker and is always a hit.
Fresh green beans in the Ninja Foodi are so easy you can make them on a weeknight, but they are so delicious you will want to serve them for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Green Beans: You will want to use trimmed fresh green beans. I do not recommend canned or frozen green beans when making green beans in the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker..
- Liquid: Use water or broth. The broth will add extra flavor, but water works just fine too.
- Butter: This adds a delicious richness to the green beans. You can also substitute with olive oil if needed.
- Seasonings: Garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper are all you need for simple and tasty green beans.
- Parmesan cheese: This adds a delicious salty and nutty flavor to the green beans. If you don't have parmesan, try using grated cheddar or another type of hard cheese.
Tips & Tricks
- The best way to store fresh green beans is in a loosely sealed plastic bag in the fridge..
- Try to select beans that have medium thickness. Larger beans tend to be bland and have a woody texture.
- Top with ½ cup of slivered or sliced almonds for an extra punch of flavor and texture.
- Green beans and bacon are a fabulous combination! Top your pressure cooker green beans with 4 slices of cooked and crumbled bacon if desired.
- Vegetarian? Make sure you use rennet-free parmesan cheese.
Green beans are a versatile side that works well with so many recipes. Some great options include:
- Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- Salisbury Steak with Onion Gravy
- Ninja Foodi Grill Turkey Breast
- Blackstone Griddle Steak
- Turkey Quinoa Meatballs
- Grilled Steak
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do you pressure cook green beans?
I recommend pressure-cooking green beans for just one minute, which will make them tender but still crisp and vibrant.
How much water do I need to cook a pound of beans in a pressure cooker?
I recommend using just ½ cup with the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker, but this amount can vary depending on the type of pressure cooker you are using.
Always read the manual and know what the minimum amount of liquid is required to bring your cooker to pressure.
Tools Needed to Make
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
Leftover green beans can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
They can also be frozen for up to three months. Reheat in a skillet on the stove or microwave until warm throughout before serving again. Enjoy!
How to Make
First, start by rinsing and trimming the ends off of your green beans.
Next, add a liquid (water or broth) to the bottom of your Ninja Foodi.
Place the green beans on top and dot with butter. Close the lid and set it to high pressure for one minute.
When finished cooking, carefully open the lid and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Top with grated parmesan cheese.
Lastly, set the Ninja Foodi to Air Fry at 350 degrees for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
More Ninja Foodi Recipes to Try
- Ninja Foodi Apple Crisp
- Ninja Foodi Grill Chicken
- Ninja Foodi Grill Steak
- Ninja Foodi Potato Soup
- Ninja Foodi French Onion Soup
Ninja Foodi Fresh Green Beans with Parmesan
- Ninja Foodi
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- ½ cup broth or water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder.
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Rinse your green beans and trim the ends.
- Place the broth in the bottom of your Ninja Foodi.
- Add the green beans, and dot the butter on top.
- Close the lid and set to High Pressure cook. Set the timer to 1 minute and hit start to cook. When the time is up, hit cancel. Carefully open the lid.
- Sprinkle with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Add the cheese to the top.
- Select Air Fry and set the temperature to 350 degrees. Set the time to 2 minutes.
- Cook until the cheese melts.