These Sausage Kebabs with Grilled Veggies are a delicious and healthier option for your next grill out. Paired with quinoa, it is the perfect easy meal.
When I was growing up, my mom did all the cooking.
That was a good thing.
I have very vivid memories of my Dad trying to make things when my mom was out, and let’s just say it wasn’t a good thing. (Sorry Dad, but I am still traumatized by that cold cinnamon toast you made me.)
The one exception was grilling. My Dad always stepped in when it was time to grill.
I suppose this mostly had to do with tradition. To be honest, I never really gave it much thought beyond the idea that grilling was a “man thing.”
In the eighteen years hubby and I have been together, I’ve always let him handle the grill. (Even when it meant flames that were so high I sat there with my phone in hand prepared to call the fire department.)
This summer, I’m stepping up and getting in on the grilling myself. I’m hoping to become a legend at my grill.
Sausage Kebabs Recipe
Grilled Veggie & Sausage Kebabs
- Soak wooden skewers in warm water for 20 minutes.
- Whisk together olive oil, coconut aminos, red wine vinegar and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the tomatoes, onion, and zucchini in a bowl and pour marinate over. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to medium. Oil the grate.
- Drain vegetables. Thread on wooden skewers, along with the sausage, alternating between tomatoes, onion, sausage and zucchini.
- Cook on the grill, until the sausage is cooked through and the veggies are tender, about 7 to 10 minutes per side.
- Toss quinoa with lemon juice .
- Serve sausage and vegetables over quinoa.
If You Like These Sausage Kebabs You May Also Like:
- Mashed Potato Pie