Looking for a quick and easy breakfast idea that's packed with protein and bursting with flavor? Then you have to try these Instant Pot egg bites! These delicious little bites are easy to make, customizable to your liking, and the perfect way to start your day off on the right foot.
Are you tired of the same old boring breakfast options? Do you crave something that's both tasty and satisfying to start your day? Look no further than this egg bites recipe for the Instant Pot.
This easy-to-follow recipe takes the classic breakfast staple to the next level, adding bold flavors and a fluffy texture that will have your taste buds singing.
Sous vide egg bites in the Instant Pot are perfect for meal prep, as they can easily be stored in the fridge or freezer and reheated in seconds. (Truth be told, you will be surprised at how delicious these are straight from the fridge.)
So the next time you're in need of a quick and easy breakfast, make egg bites in the Instant Pot. Your taste buds will thank you!
- Eggs: This recipe was developed using large whole eggs, but you can use whatever size that you have on hand.
- Cottage Cheese: Use full-fat for the best flavor and texture. If you don't have cottage cheese, sour cream could be substituted.
- Cheese: I like sharp cheddar cheese, but you could use whatever cheese that you have on hand. Feel free to use another cheese. Gruyere cheese, feta cheese, or swiss cheese are great options.
- Seasonings: Adjust the salt and pepper to your liking.
- Bacon: You can use regular pork bacon, turkey bacon, or beef bacon. Cooked and crumbled sausage or diced ham are also great options. To make this recipe vegetarian, omit the bacon and use sun-dried tomatoes instead.
Step by Step
For the full recipe with measurements, see the recipe card at the end of the post.
Tips & Tricks
- Feel free to add your favorite veggies to your egg bites. Chopped broccoli florets, chopped sauteed spinach, kale, green onions, roasted red pepper, zucchini, bell pepper, tomato, and sautéed mushrooms are all great options.
- You can also customize the egg bites with your favorite herbs and seasonings like chives, dill, or fresh parsley.
- These egg bites are great for meal prepping ahead of time. Let them cool completely before storing in an airtight container in either the fridge or freezer. When ready to eat, simply microwave until heated through.
- Your silicone mold shouldn’t stick, but if it does, you can spray it with cooking spray.
- If you have a lot of excess moisture on top of the foil when you remove the lid, use paper towels to dry it before removing
Can I use this recipe to make sous vide egg bites without an Instant Pot?
Yes, you sure can! I recommend using small 4-ounce mason jars, and cooking at 170° F for 55 minutes.
Make sure that your don’t tighten the jar lids too tight, as this can cause them to burst.
Why are My Egg Bites Watery?
If your pressure cooker egg bites are turning out watery, there are a few potential reasons why this might be happening. Here are some common culprits and tips on how to fix them:
- Too much liquid: The most common reason for watery egg bites is that there is too much liquid in the recipe. This can happen if you don't measure your ingredients carefully or if you add too many watery vegetables without adjusting the amount of milk or eggs.
- Using too much cheese: While cheese is a delicious addition to egg bites, it can also contribute to a watery texture if too much is used. Cheese releases liquid as it melts, so if you're noticing that your egg bites are particularly watery, try using less cheese or a drier variety like parmesan.
- Not properly draining mix-ins: If you're adding vegetables or meats to your egg bites, make sure to drain them well before mixing them into the egg mixture. Excess moisture from these ingredients can contribute to a watery texture in the finished dish.
Can I make Instant Pot Egg Bites with No Blender?
To make Instant Pot egg bites without a blender, you can use a hand whisk, mixer, food processor or even a fork to combine the ingredients.
It is important to ensure that the cheese and cottage cheese are well blended with the eggs to create the light and airy texture we associate with Instant Pot sous vide egg bites. So if you are making this with a whisk or fork, make sure you use a little elbow grease.
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Instant Pot
- Silicone egg bite molds - make sure the one you use is big enough! The first time I tried this the mold I used was too small and the egg bites overflowed and went everywhere. I've linked to the one I use.
Store leftover egg bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, microwave until warm.
They can also be frozen for up to 3 months; thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
More Instant Pot Recipes to Try
- When you need a delicious and easy meal to serve family and friends, this Instant Pot whole chicken is perfect.
- Instant Pot short ribs are a restaurant-quality meal your family will ask for again and again.
- Once you make Instant Pot chicken drumsticks, you may never make chicken legs any other way.
- For an easy side, Instant Pot green beans are always a hit.
- When you need a side dish that is filling and flavor-packed, don't miss this Instant Pot Macaroni Salad.
30-Minute Instant Pot Egg Bites
- Instant Pot
- 4 large eggs
- ⅓ cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- Place the eggs, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Divide the bacon between the egg bite molds.
- Pour the egg mixture into the egg bit molds. Place the lid on and then cover tightly with foil.
- Pour 1 ½ cups of water into the Instant Pot and place a metal rack on top of it. Place the egg bites on top of the rack.
- Close the lid of your pressure cooker and make sure it is set to seal.
- Cook at high pressure for 9 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release to release any additional pressure.
- Invert the eggs onto a plate. Serve warm.