Mediterranean Chicken & Quinoa Lettuce Cups are excellent for a light lunch with friends! They are healthy but also delicious.Every now and then I just don't feel like cooking dinner.
I can't be the only one, right?
However, there are little people living in my house that require at least three meals each day.
Because of this, I have no choice but to make them something to eat.
I swear coming up with what to make them to eat can be the hardest part.
I love dishes like these Mediterranean Chicken & Quinoa Lettuce Cups.
They are perfect for warm nights when I would prefer to be outside blowing bubbles for Skye and chasing fireflies with the boys.
If you want them to be a full dinner, pair them with a hearty veggie side.
They take so little time and minimal effort. That's a total win in my book.
Mediterranean Chicken & Quinoa Lettuce Cups
- 10 ounces chicken diced (or tempeh)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano or ¼ teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 red onion sliced
- ½ cup canned artichoke hearts drained and diced
- ½ cups pitted black olives drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers drained and chopped
- 1 plum tomato seeded and diced
- 12 bibb or butter lettuce leaves washed and separated
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar dressing
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Spray with olive oil and add tempeh or chicken. Sprinkle with oregano, parsley, and pepper. Cook until browned and cooked through. Add in quinoa, onion, artichoke hearts, black olives, and tomatoes. Cook for 4 to 6 more minutes.
- Spoon mixture into each lettuce leaf and drizzle with a ½ tablespoon of balsamic vinegar dressing.