This post is brought to you courtesy of Hillshire Farm® but all the opinions and content are mine. #CreateYouDeliciousSkillet
I’ve talked before about how when I was younger, I loved to cook elaborate meals.
It is hysterical for me to look back on.
As a busy Mom of three, I can’t remember what it was like to have the time to go to three different stores to buy specialty ingredients for a single meal.
Plan ahead to order in something I don’t keep on hand and can’t buy locally? Hah. I am lucky if I know what we are having for dinner that night.
Although (obviously) I love to cook, my meals are simple these days. Most of the time, I’m looking for the quickest path to get a balanced meal on the table that the whole family will eat. (This is especially true Monday through Friday.)
Luckily, it isn’t so hard to make simple meals that are also delicious.
I’ve come to rely on easy skillet dinner’s like this Pesto Sausage and Rice Skillet made with Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausages. Anytime there is Smoked Sausages on the menu I know the kids will be thrilled. I love that they are easy to pick up when I’m at Target.
One thing I just adore about this skillet dinner is how easy it is to change up. I’ve made it with broccoli and red pepper, and everyone loved it like that too. Sometimes I get crazy and use quinoa or brown rice. Feel free to play around with it based on what you have on hand!For an #easy weeknight dinner, try this Sausage, Pesto & Ricotta SkilletClick To Tweet
Right now you can save 20% off Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausages with this Target Cartwheel offer.
Pesto Sausage & Rice Skillet
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 carrots shredded
- 12 oz Hillshire Farm® Beef Rope Sausage
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 3 cups broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup pesto about 3 1/2 ounces
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add onion and carrots and cook for 8 minutes. Add Hillshire Farm® Beef Rope Sausage and cook until browned. Add garlic and rice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth and salt bring to a rolling boil. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir in pesto and 1/2 cup cheese. Return lid and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Stir and sprinkle with more cheese to serve.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hillshire Farm®. The opinions and text are all mine.