Black Bean Tacos are a fabulous vegetarian meal that will become the star of your Taco Tuesday. You are going to love the kick from chipotle chili powder and paprika, combined with black beans, corn, red pepper, onion, garlic, and avocado.
I think every busy mom has a handful of go-to dinners that they rely on when things get crazy.
Now that Skye is fully mobile, crazy is just a way of life for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving every minute of it. I find her antics incredibly adorable and can't get enough of her snuggles when she finally wears herself out.
My saving grace is that she is a great napper.
Sadly, she isn't napping at dinnertime, so I've been keeping things simple. Lots of salads, sandwiches, crock pot meals, casseroles and of course tacos! (I never miss a Taco Tuesday.)
Black Bean Tacos
- 1 onion chopped fine
- 1 green or red pepper chopped fine
- 1 ½ cups cooked black beans drained and rinsed (about 1 can)
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes chopped
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 4 tablespoons lime juice divided
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and diced
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 taco shells cooked according to package directions
- For topping: cheese or Daiya sour cream or Greek yogurt (dairy or non-dairy)
- Spray a large skillet with olive oil. Add onion and pepper and cook for 10 to 12 minutes. Add black beans, tomatoes, cabbage, corn, garlic, taco seasoning, paprika, chipotle chili powder and 2 tablespoons lime juice. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place avocado in a small bowl. Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice and sprinkle with ground cumin.
- Spoon bean mixture into shells. Top with avocado, cheese and sour cream.