This healthy Pomegranate Quinoa Salad with Goat Cheese is one of those recipes you will make over and over! It is naturally gluten free and easily made vegan.
Monday, on a whim, we decided to take the day off and take the kids to Disney Springs. Skye has been wanting to go bowling (she wants to try anything she sees), and so we went bowling and had lunch at Splitsville.
Then hubby took Skye to ride the train, while the boys and I went shopping for some new Christmas Ornaments. I surprised them and let them build lightsabers at the Star Wars store.
It all sounds so simple, but it was one of the most perfect days I can remember. The weather was pristine, the crowds light, and all three kids were on their best behavior.
Truly time in a bottle.
(Let’s forget the part about me needing bumpers when I bowl, K?)
I can’t help but be overwhelmed with gratitude every time I think about that day.
I have so much to be grateful for, every day.
An amazing family that makes my heart sing.
A business that gives me the gift of time and location independence and allows me to be there for my children.
But, like a lot of people, sometimes I forget this.
Sometimes I get overwhelmed with all there is to do. I get disappointed by setbacks or things not going as planned. A lot of times, I just don’t feel like I’m “enough,” because it feels like there is always so much that goes undone.
I think one of the most important things that we can do during the busiest time of year, is to take a step back and breath. There were a million things I “needed” to be doing Monday, but I made the decision to be present with my kids and was rewarded by one of the best days I can remember.
You know what else I was grateful for Monday? This Pomegranate Quinoa Salad, that was already waiting for me in the fridge.
Not only is this quinoa salad beautiful, but it is packed with flavor
Take my advice – double the recipe for the almonds because there is a really good chance that your family (or maybe you!) will snack on them before you get them onto the salad. And if almonds aren’t your thing, feel free to use cashews, walnuts or pecans.
If you try this Pomegranate Quinoa Salad, let me know what you think!
If You Like this Pomegranate Quinoa Salad, You May Also Like:
- Turmeric Quinoa with Pomegranates and Walnuts
- Roasted Acorn Squash, Quinoa & Pomegranate Salad
- Sweet Potato Pomegranate Salad with Crispy Quinoa
- Chicken, Pomegranate & Cashew Quinoa Salad
- DIY Christmas Wreath
- Gluten Free Recipes for Christmas
Recommended Tools to Make Pomegranate Quinoa Salad:
Pomegranate Quinoa Salad with Candied Almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar organic, or sweetener of choice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup Marcona Almonds (you can use regular almonds too)
- 10 ounces mixed salad greens chopped
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 4 ounces goat cheese optional
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small sauce pan, combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil over medium high and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until lightly golden. (You can use a wet pastry brush to brush down the sugar crystals that accumulate on the side of the pan.) Remove from heat and stir in almonds. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and allow to cool. Use a knife and coarsely chop.
- Make dressing by combining vinegars, mustard, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender. Process until smooth. Add olive oil in a steady stream. Process until emulsified.
- In a large bowl combine chopped salad greens and quinoa. Stir in pomegranate seeds and goat cheese. Toss with desired amount of dressing. Top with almonds and serve.