This quinoa protein power bowl is plant-based eating at its best. With almost 17 grams of protein a serving, this bowl is packed with nutrients and flavor.
Sometimes I feel like the queen of getting off track.
I can be going along eating well, working out and feeling good, and then BAM! Something happens, and I totally indulge. For many people, that wouldn't be such an issue. In fact, I am a firm believer that an occasional splurge can be healthy.
The key word? OCCASIONAL.
Once I "blow it" more often than not I don't brush myself off and get back to healthy living. Nope, I fall into a downward spiral that can lead to weeks or even months of unhealthy patterns.
Sadly, this is where I've been for a while now.
Too much junk, not enough real food.[clickToTweet tweet="Quinoa Protein Power Bowl #vegan #quinoa #bowl" quote="Quinoa Protein Power Bowl"]
This week, I have vowed to get back on track, and I'm doing it with a veggie-rich diet. No labels, but I am eating plant-based as much as I possibly can. (This is how I feel best.)
The perfect feel good meal for me is one like this Quinoa Protein Power Bowl.
Inspired by the Oh She Glows cookbook this quinoa bowl has it all going on! Packed with protein, delicious and filling, this bowl is the perfect example of food that makes you feel good!
Quinoa Protein Power Bowl
- Lemon Tahini Sauce
- ¼ cup tahini
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- For the Quinoa Bowl
- 1 cup uncooked green lentils
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 to mato chopped
- 3 cups spinach or kale roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley chopped fine
- In a food processor or blender, combine tahini, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, olive oil, sea salt, ground pepper and cayenne. Process until combined and set aside.
- Cook lentils according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic, bell pepper and tomato, and cook for 7 to 8 minutes more. Stir in spinach or kale and cook until wilted.
- Stir in the tahini dressing, cooked lentils and quinoa. Reduce heat to low and simmer until heated through.
- Remove from heat and stir in minced parsley.
- Season with salt and black pepper.