These Turkey Quinoa Meatballs are a healthier take on your traditional meatball recipe! With quinoa, spinach, ground turkey and garlic, you can feel good about serving this recipe to your family. This recipe freezes well, making it the perfect addition to your meal-prep routine.
Kids Love These Turkey Quinoa Meatballs!
Today I am excited to have Robin from Knead to Cook here with us to share one of her favorite quinoa recipes.
Quinoa is considered a super food and for good reason! It is low in fat, no cholesterol, believed to have anti-inflamatory properties, is packed with minerals like calcium, iron and magnesium. I love quinoa, any color, first for its versatility. You can add it to pancake batter, mix it up with fresh fruit and drizzle with a bit of honey or maple syrup. From there you can replace your boring greens and add your veggies for a tasty salad for lunch that is packed with valuable nutrients.
Then for dinner, instead of adding breadcrumbs to your meatballs, add some quinoa. It bulks up the recipe so you use less meat and it adds a wonderful moist texture. For this recipe I decided to add it to my turkey to make meatballs.
It added a moist texture and helps bulk up the meatballs so I’m not using as much meat yet adding valuable nutrients to my family’s dinner without them even noticing. Quinoa adds a nutty flavor to your dishes. It can also replace rice in traditional dishes.
My best suggestion is soaking the quinoa in a large bowl of water for 30-45 minutes prior to cooking. Rinse well. This will help remove the bitter-taste to the finished product. Cook according to package directions.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participants in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Tools for Making Ground Turkey and Quinoa Meatballs
Turkey Quinoa Meatballs
Turkey Quinoa Meatballs
- 2 lbs ground turkey I used lean 93%
- 1 cup cooked quinoa any color will do
- 1 yellow onion diced very small
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup chopped spinach leaves I used baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoon gluten free tamari Sriracha sauce or other hot sauce that you love or Worcheshire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat your oven to 350 and spray your baking pan with sides with baking spray. Set aside. In your stand mixer with the paddle attached, add all of the ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Then form meatballs, rolling in between your hands and then lay out on your baking sheet. Repeat until you use all of the meat mixture. Bake for 35 minutes or a little more – until golden brown. Rotate them half way through the baking time
If You Like Turkey Quinoa Meatballs You May Also Like:
Knead to Cook is a blog that was created as a way to share healthy recipes with my friends. It has exploded and reached new friends worldwide. I believe that food is the common bond that we all share. Easy, simply prepared dishes that are healthy are my focus. Farm-to-table, minimally processed foods help fuel your body and mind. I’m a mom, avid runner and admitted gym rat. I love creating new recipes and re-creating old family recipes with my own spin. Empowering others is my main mission.