This Roasted Garlic & Tomato Lentil Salad is the perfect vegan cold lentil salad that everyone will love! With roasted garlic, oven roasted tomatoes and onions, this is one you don’t want to miss.
You guys are going to love this Roasted Garlic & Tomato Lentil Salad!
I had no intention of publishing this recipe today, but I couldn’t stop myself. It is just that good.
The last few days I’ve been a bit under the weather.
And by a “bit” I mean I slept about 14 hours yesterday.
Anyone who knows me knows I can’t nap to save my life, so this is a pretty major “what the heck is going on” kind of thing.
I woke up today feeling a little better and decided to spend the day on the couch and playing with Skye.
Then I started thinking about lunch and knew I had everything to make this Roasted Garlic & Tomato Lentil Salad on hand. I decided that a healthy lunch was just what I needed and that I could always photograph it tomorrow.
Then one thing lead to another.
I decided to take just a few quick shots on my new background hubby got me. (Love it.)
And then I tasted the salad.
To. Die. For.
I can’t remember the last time I enjoyed something as much. (And certainly not a cold lentil salad.) After not eating yesterday, this Roasted Garlic & Tomato Lentil Salad was just what I needed.
This baby is getting put in the back of the fridge so I have lunch for the next three days. A girl has to recover you know and the best lentil salad recipe is just the way to do it.:)
You May Also Like
Want to mix things up? Try these variations!
- Serve over massaged kale
- Substitute Artichokes for the tomatoes and add capers
- Instead of roasted tomatoes, try sun-dried tomatoes
Roasted Garlic & Tomato Lentil Salad
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup red onion sliced
- 2 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut top of garlic head and place in foil. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of oil and close foil around garlic.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange tomatoes and onion in a single layer and drizzle with avocado oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place garlic and tomato mixture in a preheated oven and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, until slightly shriveled.
- Carefully open garlic and allow to cool. Gently press cloves from garlic head and place in a small bowl, breaking garlic into smaller pieces with the back of a fork.
- Meanwhile, bring broth to a boil. Add lentils and reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, red onion, celery, red pepper to the bowl.
Make dressing by combining olive oil, lemon juice, and crushed pepper in a small bowl. Whisk in salt and paper to taste. Toss with lentil mixture and serve.
Servings 4, Serving Size 175 grams, Calories 289, Fat 11g, Carbohydrates 37g, Protein 13g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 613mg, Potassium 473mg, Fiber 7g, Sugars 5g