This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HomeGateChamp
This Spicy Crock Pot Chili is easy to make and perfect for game day! Serve it in individual bread bowls for an extra touch.
I grew up in a southern college town, which means that college football has always been in my blood.
I can remember not loving football when I was Skye's age, but by the time I reached grade school, I couldn't help but join in on the excitement.
The rivalries, the ups and downs....and most of all, the food.
Our family rarely went to games, but very often we would watch the game with a large group of friends. Everyone would bring food, and it was such a good time.
HomeGating is a tradition that I've continued with my family.
Even though my team didn’t do so well this year, I’m still looking forward to hosting a College Football Playoff HomeGating party!
When it is time for football, I like to keep things simple. Recipes like this Spicy Crock Pot Chili are just perfect!
Everything can be made earlier in the day, leaving you free to enjoy the party.
If you want to dress things up, you can serve this Spicy Crock Pot Chili in individual bread “bowls” with melted cheese on top.
Either way, don’t forget to pick up some Dr Pepper® at Walmart.
You will need it for the recipe, plus you’ve got to have it when you are HomeGating! (It is a rule or something.) You can pick up these 12 packs in football packaging. Also check for the 2-liter football bottles as well. They are great for having out at your HomeGating party.
Stocking up on groceries at Walmart just got easier with their new Grocery Pickup Service. Guys, you are going to want to take advantage of this!
You can order everything online and schedule a pickup time. They have an app you can download so that you can notify them that you are on your way. When you arrive at the designated pick-up location (it is very well marked), they will have everything waiting for you. What a time saver for busy moms! I am seriously in love with this service.
To get more HomeGating inspiration and to find a Dr Pepper event near you, make sure you click here.
Spicy Crock Pot Chili
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 yellow or red pepper chopped
- 3 jalapeños seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 15 ounces cooked pinto beans 1 can
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Dr. Pepper
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin ground
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- For serving: Gluten Free Rolls optional Shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro, and limes
- Set your slow cooker to saute and add ground beef. (You can also do this on the stove if your crock pot doesn’t have a saute function.)
- Cook until almost brown. Add onion, yellow pepper, jalapeño and garlic. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Add pinto beans, crushed tomatoes, Dr. Pepper, apple cider vinegar, chili powder, ground cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Cook over high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- If desired, cut the center out of gluten free rolls. (Reserve for breadcrumbs.) Add chili to the "bowls" and top with cheese. Place under the broiler for 3 to 4 minutes, until the cheese is melted.