This easy to make Vegetarian Paella is a simplified version of an extravagant dish you love! This is a satisfying vegetarian one-dish meal that is perfect for a weeknight family meal. It doesn't get much more nourishing than this!
Every now and then, I love making a really extravagant recipe that takes all afternoon. This is usually when not much else is going on, and I feel like spending time in the kitchen making someone else's recipe for a change. Truth be told, that doesn't happen often.
A few weeks back, I had the urge to make Paella. It isn't something I make often and it could have been a candidate for one of my all afternoon cooking sessions. But sadly, this is most certainly not one of those times in my life when I don't have much going on. Luckily, just because Paella can be fussy and involved doesn't mean it has to be! This Vegetable Paella has all of the yumminess without requiring that you sacrifice your afternoon. In fact, this quick and easy paella comes together in about 45 minutes. And much of that is hands-off cooking time.
A key ingredient in this Vegetable Paella is Vigo Saffron. Saffron is a traditional flavoring in many European dishes. In addition to finding it in Spanish Paella, you will also see it in French Bouillabaisse, and Milanese Risotto. It is also used quite extensively in Middle Eastern cooking. It doesn't take much Vigo Saffron - just a pinch will color and flavor a pound of rice.
Get to Know Vigo:
Vigo Foods is a family owned business that is committed to using only the best fresh ingredients and producing unique products at prices that don't break the bank. They feel strongly that the quality and variety of the food that you eat enriches your life. Let's take a look at some of their other products that you may want to try!
Vigo Italian Style Seasoned Bread Crumbs
Vigo Italian Style Seasoned Bread Crumbs are the only ones that are made with imported Pecorino Romano Cheese. With 11 spices in the blend, they are the perfect way to add texture and flavor to any meal.
Vigo Cilantro Lime Rice
Looking for a delicious and healthy side that takes just 20 minutes to prepare? Vigo Cilantro Lime Rice is the perfect option. It is gluten-free, has no added MSG, and no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. Made with real lime, this zesty rice pairs well with Mexican foods, grilled fish, seafood, chicken and pork.
Vigo Mexican Rice
My kids love this combo of yellow rice and corn. It has a taco-like taste and comes completely seasoned. Vigo Mexican Rice is perfect to serve with tacos and takes less than 20 minutes to prepare.
Vigo Red Beans & Rice
This authentic version of the New Orleans classic is perfect as a side dish. Or pair Vigo Red Beans & Rice with sliced smoked sausage for a complete meal.
Vigo Black Beans & Rice
Black Beans & Rice are the ultimate one-dish meal, and it doesn't get much easier than Vigo Black Beans & Rice. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and chopped onions, and you've got a great easy meal in a flash!
Shop Vigo’s Online Store or look for their products in Publix!
Leave a comment below to be qualified to win a gift box valued at $50 from Vigo.
The gift box will include: 8 oz Alessi Funghi Risotto, 6 oz Alessi Pasta Fazool Soup, 6 oz Alessi Lentil Soup, 6 oz Alessi Tuscan Bean Soup, 6 oz Alessi Split Pea Soup, 3 oz Alessi Thin Breadsticks, 1.34 oz Alessi Black Peppercorns, 2.83 oz Alessi Sea Salt, 3.5 oz Alessi Pesto Di Liguria , 24 oz Alessi Chunky Marinara , 8.5 oz Alessi Balsamic Reduction , 8.5 oz Alessi Raspberry Blush Balsamic Vinegar , 7 oz Alessi Sfogliatine , 17 oz Vigo Extra Virgin Olive Oil , 8 oz Vigo Yellow Rice, 8 oz Vigo Mexican Rice, 8 oz Vigo Jasmine Fried Rice , 8 oz Vigo Rice & Lentil Pilaf , 8 oz Vigo Red Beans & Rice , 8 oz Vigo Jambalaya , 8 oz Vigo Black Beans & Rice , 8 oz Vigo Santa Fe Rice , 4 gr Vigo Flavoring
Get the rules here.
Tools for Making the Vegetarian Paella Recipe
- Paella Pan or Oven-Safe Skillet with a Lid
- Lemon Squeezer (optional)
- Garlic Mincer
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 2 red peppers sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch Vigo Saffron threads optional; Vigo Yellow Rice already has saffron, but you can add another pinch for a bolder flavor.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 package Vigo Yellow Rice 8 oz
- 2 1/4 cups water or broth
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas thawed
- 14 ounces Vigo Artichoke Hearts chopped
- 1/3 cup green olives chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Lemon Wedges and parsley for garnish
- Heat avocado oil in a large shallow skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, red pepper, garlic, saffron, smoked paprika, and bay leaves. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook, occasionally stirring, until the onion is tender, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in rice mix and 2 1/4 cup of water or broth. Bring to a simmer. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 18 minutes.
- Add the peas, artichoke hearts, and olives to the pan. Cook, without stirring, until the rice is al dente and forms a crust at the bottom of the pan, about 5 more minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and garnish with lemon wedges and parsley.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS FOR THE VEGETARIAN PAELLA RECIPE
- Use leftovers to stuff peppers! Hollow out the peppers and stuff. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 425 degrees, until the peppers start to blister.
VARIATIONS FOR THIS VEGETARIAN PAELLA RECIPE
- Add 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed when you add the peas.
- Add 8 ounces sliced mushrooms with the onion.