Mac n Cheese was a staple in our house when I was a kid, but I was an adult before I ever tasted homemade Mac n Cheese.
That moment began a love affair that will last a lifetime.
In the beginning, I made a simple recipe that ultimately evolved into what my boys now call “Mom’s World Famous.” It is still one of my most requested dishes from the boys for special occasions.
Over time, my palate has evolved, and I prefer getting a bit more adventurous in the kitchen. Though my traditional Mac n Cheese is great comfort food, I much prefer today’s Ultimate Veggie Mac n Cheese.
Made with gluten free penne, a fantastic cheese blend, fresh spring vegetables and a hint of cayenne, this is Mac n Cheese all grown up. The magic comes in from the Roth Ultimate Mac & Cheese, which is a blend of Grand Cru® (a Roth original cheese), Havarti and Sharp Cheddar. This chef-created blend gives the dish a flavor you won’t soon forget. Sharp, silky and oh so creamy!
Roth occasionally has coupons on their site. I found one for $1.00 of Ultimate’s recently, so check it out!
Right now Roth is giving away a $100 Visa gift card plus one of each Ultimates (3) and a Roth t-shirt and hat. Valued around $150.
- 12 ounces gluten-free pasta
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup shelled English peas
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons gluten free flour
- 2 cups milk
- 18 ounces Roth Ultimate Mac n Cheese
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding vegetables in the last two minutes. Drain and rinse with cool water.
- Meanwhile, make sauce by melting butter in a saucepan. Add flour and whisk for 2 minutes, until golden brown. Add milk and cook until slightly thickened, about 8 minutes. Add all but 1/2 cup cheese, salt, pepper and cayenne. Cook over low heat until cheese melts.
- Toss pasta and veggies with cheese sauce and place in a casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Roth Cheese . The opinions and text are all mine.