This Southwestern Veggie Wrap Recipe is an easy lunch or dinner that the whole family will love. It is perfect for meal prep and can be served warm or cold
This post is sponsored by Pinnacle Foods & Boulder Brands. All comments and opinions are my own.
I’ve mentioned before that I feel my best when I eat a plant-rich diet.
I always try to do Meatless Monday and usually make a few extra days of the week meatless as well.
When I first started doing this, it seemed complicated and overwhelming.
Over the years I have learned that it is so easy to choose plant-based foods without giving up taste, convenience, or quality.
This week I made these Southwestern Veggie Wraps for the family, and they were a huge hit. It was the perfect meal because we had been running around all day and I didn’t have time for a lot of fuss.
Luckily I had Birds Eye® Steamfresh® Southwest Style Protein Blends, Gardein™ Seven Grain Crispy Tenders, and Earth Balance® Original Buttery Spread on hand.
With just a few additional ingredients, I had dinner on the table in a flash!
I am all about easy dinners, and this one was so simple!
If you have been around here long, you know that the whole family has been a fan of Gardein vegan products for years. In addition to the Seven Grain Crispy Tenders, they have a full line of plant-based products that you will love. It may sound crazy, but to me, they taste better than the real thing.
Gardein products are made from ingredients like non-GMO soy, wheat and pea proteins, vegetables and ancient grains (quinoa, amaranth, millet and kamut®) to name a few. They are free of cholesterol, trans and saturated fats.
I love Birds Eye Steamfresh Protein Blends. They offer up 10 grams of plant-based protein per serving. It is the perfect way to get nutrition on the table in no-time!
Another great option is Birds Eye Steamfresh Superfood Blends, which are ready-to-go dishes made from nutrient-rich veggies, grains, and fruits. They have no artificial flavors and are an excellent source of antioxidants.
Earth Balance Buttery Spreads are the perfect thing to keep in your dairy-free arsenal. Not only is it vegan, lactose-free, and gluten-free, it also has 0g trans-fat, no MSG, and is non-GMO. An excellent source of ALA Omega 3, this creamy spreadable texture and rich butter taste are perfect to spread on toast.
Where Can I Find Birds Eye, Earth Balance, and Gardein?
- Birds Eye is located within the frozen vegetable section
- Earth Balance is located in the butters/spreads section
- Gardein is found in the frozen/naturals section.
Southwestern Veggie Wrap
This Southwestern Veggie Wrap Recipe is an easy lunch or dinner idea that the whole family will love. It is perfect for meal prep and can be served warm or cold. Easily made into a vegan Southwestern Wrap with the use of vegan cheese.
- 1 package Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders
- 1 package Birds Eye Steamfresh Southwestern Protein Blend
- 1 teaspoon Southwestern Seasoning or taco seasoning
- 6 tortillas
- 6 tablespoons guacamole
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese shredded (or vegan cheese)
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance Buttery Spread
- For Serving: Salsa, Cilantro, and Lime Wedges
- Cook Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders and Birds Eye Steamfresh Southwestern Protein Blend according to package directions.
- Chop Crispy Tenders.
- Place Southwestern Protein Blend in a medium bowl and add Southwestern Seasoning. Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir.
- Gently heat tortillas in a dry skillet until soft and pliable.
- Spread a tablespoon of guacamole on each tortilla.
- Top with Crispy Tenders and Southwestern Protein Blend.
- Add 1/2 ounce cheddar cheese.
- Fold in the sides. Bring the bottom up and roll.
- Heat Earth Balance Buttery Spread in a grill pan over medium heat. (A skillet works too.)
- Add wraps and cook until the cheese is melted, flipping half way. (About 5 minutes per side.)
- Repeat with remaining wraps, adding more Buttery Spread as needed.
If You Like this Southwestern Veggie Wrap You May Also Like:
- Vegan Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Edamame & Avocado Quinoa Salad
- 6 Supplements You may Want to Consider Taking