These 5-Ingredient Quinoa Breakfast Pots are an easy vegan breakfast that you can make ahead. The perfect healthy way to start your day.
My name is Stephanie and I write everydayfeasts.com, and today I’m guest posting for Wendy here at Cooking Quinoa.
I love cooking with quinoa, so I was thrilled when Wendy asked me to share one of my favorite quinoa recipes with you.
Today I’ll be telling you a little bit about my 5-ingredient quinoa breakfast pots, which I make a lot. Now, I’m totally an early morning person, but I always seem to be scrambling to get out the door in the a.m. to get to meetings or run errands. And one thing I really don’t like doing is skipping breakfast. It makes me feel cranky, hungry, and I get tired really quickly. The other thing is that I like to eat pretty healthy breakfasts, because they set the tone for my day and help me stay focused and feel my best.
Enter these little quinoa pots. They’re the perfect easy, wholesome breakfast. If I know I’m going to have a busy morning, I prepare them the night before and put them in the fridge for a grab-and-go breakfast the next day. They hardly take any time to put together, and with only five ingredients, they’re incredibly easy to make.
The thing I like the most about these little pots is that they’re delicious! It’s almost like eating dessert, which is great when it’s healthy and still only 7:00 a.m.!
5-Ingredient Quinoa Breakfast Pots
- 4 cups almond milk
- 1 cup mixed quinoa equal parts of white, red, and black varieties
- 10 oz fresh strawberries sliced (16-20 strawberries)
- 2 tbsp pistachios slivered
- honey to sweeten I use approximately 2 tbsp.
- In a small saucepan, warm the almond milk on low heat. After 2 minutes, add the quinoa and stir gently so the quinoa doesn’t clump together.
- Cook on low heat for 15 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked through.
- Remove from heat, and divide among bowls or jars for an easy breakfast to-go!
- Top with the strawberries and pistachios, and drizzle the honey on top.
Recipe NotesServings 4, Serving Size 365g, Calories 254, Fat 6.9g, Carbohydrates 41.9g, Protein 8g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 183mg, Potassium 550mg, Fiber 9.7g, Sugars 12.4g, WW Pts 6
Connect with Stephanie!
Stephanie is a self/mama/grandma-taught home cook. She writes Everyday Feasts, a little blog about cooking simple, delicious meals.
Here’s where you can find her: