If you are craving a meal that will fuel your body and delight your senses, you will love this Crunchy Quinoa Salad. This vegan salad is all about the texture. I love it's crunchy, nutty, seedy goodness, and I think you will too!
If you love salads as much as I do, this crunchy quinoa salad recipe deserves a place in your meal prep routine.
It is delicious and enjoyable by itself and also works great in a wrap.
Since it holds well dressed for a couple of days, it's a great make-ahead lunch. It is also one of my favorite gluten-free side dishes.
Ingredients for Making Crunchy Quinoa Salad Recipe
Sprouts: I used lentil sprouts here, but really any sprouts will work. I do like the crunchy factor the lentil sprouts add. If you want to give it a try, here is how to sprout lentils. Otherwise, feel free to use whatever sprouts you can find at your grocery store.
Carrot: To save time, you can buy pre-grated carrots.
Scallions: Use the white and green parts of the green onion.
Sunflower Seeds: If you prefer, pumpkin seeds are also a good option.
Almonds: Want to take flavors to the next level? Use these Spiced Almonds.
- Changing up the flavor profile is as simple as changing the dressing. Make a crunchy thai quinoa salad by using the dressing from this Thai Chicken Salad or this Thai Quinoa Salad.
- For more protein, add chickpeas, black beans, or white beans.
- Add shredded cabbage for even more texture.
- I like to let the salad sit for at least 30 minutes after it has been tossed before eating to allow the favors to combine.
How Far Ahead Can You Toss Quinoa Salad with Dressing?
You can toss quinoa salad about four days ahead of time, but you can expect certain elements, like the nuts, to loose a little bit of crunch.
Store this salad in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Leftovers may be served chilled or at room temperature.
How to Make Crunchy Quinoa Salad
This recipe couldn't be easier to make!
Just place the cooked quinoa, sprouts, carrot, scallions, sunflower seeds, and almonds in a bowl.
Toss with the desired amount of balsamic vinaigrette and enjoy!
More Vegan Recipes to Try
- Apple Quinoa Breakfast Muffins make a delicious and nutritious start to your day!
- Instant Pot Red Potato Salad is light and refreshing. With a punchy lemon dressing, this is nothing like the mayo-heavy potato salad recipes you are accustomed to.
- Give this Mexican Quinoa Salad a try and it is sure to become one of your favorite lunch recipes.
- Looking to liven up your salad game? Give this Tomato Vinaigrette a try.
Crunchy Quinoa Salad
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, sprouts, carrot, scallions, sunflower seeds, and almonds.
- Toss with dressing and season to taste with salt and pepper.