You know those totally organized women who somehow manage to keep their kitchen spotless and everything in its place?
Yeah, that is so not me.
Especially now that I’ve got a toddler, chaos is the rule.
Some days I would guess that at least half of the time I spend in the kitchen is searching for things.
My biggest pet peeve? Hunting for lids to storage containers. Thanks to Skye’s obsession with the storage container drawer, matching lids to bottoms has become nearly impossible.
Today I’ve got a great solution for those of you who have as hard of a time as I do.
Dixie Quicktakes® end the hunt because the lids are attached to the container. They are BPA free, dishwasher safe and recyclable! Plus, since they are so economical ,you can throw them out if you want to or use them to send food home with family and friends.
Quicktakes® come in a one cup size which are perfect for snacks, side dishes, condiments and portion control as well as a three cup size which is great for lunch on the go!
I find these especially useful for summer travel as we try to pack most all of our food. Inevitably one of the boys will lose a lid to something and food will end up all over the car. Plus, it is nice to be able to throw them out when I’m on the road instead of lug a bunch of plastics in and try to wash them in the hotel sink! I’m all for reusing and saving, but sometimes it is nice to have the flexibility to throw things out, especially if they are really dirty.
Arugula Quinoa Salad with Roasted Garlic Dressing
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 8 ounces cooked chicken or tempeh diced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 oranges peeled and cut into sections
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese or nut cheese
- 1/4 cup walnuts toasted and chopped
- Roasted Garlic Dressing
- 1 head garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss with desired amount of dressing.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice the top off the garlic head and place in aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 35 minutes, until tender. Allow to cool slightly.
- Gently squeeze garlic from head and place in your blender. Add vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, salt and pepper and process for 15 seconds. With the blender on, slowly add olive oil in a steady stream.