This Asian Cabbage & Noodle Salad with Sesame Dressing is a great way to mix up your salad routine and help you stay on track with eating light.
There are few things that I love more than eating a great side or salad that’s packed full of fresh vegetables.
This Asian Cabbage & Noodle Salad with Sesame Dressing has all the right ingredients to boost your energy levels with a dressing that’s easy on the fat but heavy on the delicious flavor.
With warm weather upon us and summer around the corner, everyone has healthy eating on the mind.
I don’t know about you, but often the pressure to lose those extra pounds leaves me with cravings. Most often, it is a craving for something crunchy.
Sometimes adding a little something extra to my salad or side changes it up just enough to eliminate those cravings and allow me to stay on track.
This Asian Cabbage Salad the perfect way to keep eating light interesting and tackle those crunchy cravings.
Carbs are my worst enemy when I am working to lose weight because I have a hard time controlling myself when it comes to portion sizes. (Looking at you pasta!)
I had someone suggest that I limit it to a gluten free cracker or breadstick each day so that I didn’t feel deprived.
It certainly helped, some but didn’t wow my taste buds.
I decided to add it to my salad in pieces which gave me the idea of adding other ingredients that would help rein in my cravings.
The biggest tip to remember is portions.
Adding a few noodles or breadstick pieces to your salad can calm cravings, but it could ruin your progress if you add too much. (Like, say, a whole package by yourself.)
So, have fun with your salad making but limit yourself to the “not as healthy” ingredients.
There is so much to love about this Asian Cabbage & Noodle Salad with Sesame Dressing.
I would have to say that my favorite thing is the texture.
The noodles add a crunchy sensation while the cabbage is soft and crisp.
It definately livens my salad routine up a bit.
(And you guys know how prone to ruts I am! :))
It’s not your traditional salad which is why I think I like it so much.
Do you have any off the wall ingredients you use in your salad?
Asian Cabbage & Noodle Salad with Sesame Dressing
- 12 oz cabbage shredded
- 4 ounces shredded carrots
- 3 green onions chopped
- 3 ounces instant gluten free ramen noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ⅓ cups slivered almonds
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or tamari
- ⅛ cup Swerve or sweetener of choice.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Crush ramen noodles into ½ inch chunks or smaller. Combine with sesame seeds and almonds in a medium bowl, tossing thoroughly.
- Transfer the mixture to a prepared baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes, tossing every two to three minutes and watching closely to avoid burning.
- Meanwhile, combine the dressing ingredients in a blender and process until emulsified.
- Place cabbage, carrots, and green onions in a large bowl.
- Add toasted noodle mixture and dress with the dressing.
- Toss thoroughly and serve.