This healthy Asian Quinoa Salad is so easy to make and has a delicious Asian Dressing. Gluten-free and vegan, this Asian Quinoa Recipe will soon become a favorite that you will make time and again.
In my last post, I shared my Asian Salad Dressing recipe. Today, I've got an Asian Quinoa Salad that is perfect for it!
This is such a simple and easy to make salad, and also one you will find yourself craving. I started making this salad over six years ago and still love it. I love the texture from the sesame seeds and cashews, along with the kick of sweetness from the oranges and cranberries. It is just perfect for this time of year when I am trying to lighten things up.
I used to make it with spinach, which I love.
These days, I like to make it with kale, since kale holds up so well even after you have tossed it with the dressing. I don't know about you, but there are some days where I need something that is grab and go and this Asian Salad Recipe fits the bill. (Yes, I even go ahead and add the sesame seeds and cashews sometimes. As long as you aren't planning on keeping it for days it works just fine.)
I use mandarin oranges when oranges aren't in season, but I especially love this salad with fresh orange segments. This time of year, I can usually find small oranges at the grocery store, but then I live in Florida and I know not everyone can find them.
Variations on this Asian Quinoa Salad - Asian Salad Ingredients to Try:
- Use cilantro instead of parsley
- Add avocado just before serving
- Add julienned carrots, napa cabbage and/or bean sprouts
- Substitute peanuts or almonds for the cashews
Tools Needed to Make This Asian Quinoa Salad:
Asian Quinoa Salad
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, kale, oranges, cranberries, green onions and parsley.
- Toss with dressing and top with sesame seeds and cashews.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled. Drizzle with additional dressing if desired.