It's that time of year again when the leaves start to turn orange and yellow, the weather starts to cool down, and pumpkin spices start filling up the grocery stores. This bread machine pumpkin bread is the easiest - and one of the most delicious - ways I know to get your pumpkin fix in. You won’t believe how delicious it is.
Yes, fall is officially here! And with autumn comes one of my favorite things to make: pumpkin bread!
This recipe is made in a bread machine, so it's super easy.
Plus, it just tastes so darn good.
This bread maker pumpkin bread will blow your mind - my family couldn’t stop gushing that it is the best pumpkin bread they have ever had.
Once you make pumpkin bread in a bread maker, you may never make it any other way!
- Oil: I recommend a neutral flavored oil, like avocado oil or vegetable oil. You could also use melted and cooled coconut oil or butter if desired.
- Pumpkin puree: Be sure to use canned pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. The two are not the same!
- Eggs: I always use large eggs in my baking recipes.
- Vanilla: Use a good quality. It will have a significant impact on the final taste.
- Flour: I used all-purpose flour, but you could also use a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend.
- Sugars: I like to use a combination of granulated sugar and light brown sugar. Substitute sugar alternatives at your own risk - the results will vary.
- Baking soda and baking powder: These two ingredients help the bread to rise.
- Pumpkin pie spice: This is a blend of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice. You could also just use cinnamon if you don't have pumpkin pie spice on hand.
- Salt: Use fine salt in this recipe.
- Optional Topping: I like to add a simple glaze made with powdered sugar and milk and then sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, but this is optional. You could also just dust the top of the bread with some powdered sugar.
Tips & Tricks
- Make sure you read your bread machine's manual and add the ingredients in the order suggested. (I make this in my Zojirushi bread machine.)
- You want to use the setting recommended for quick bread. In my case, it is the cake setting, but some machines have a separate setting for yeast-free bread. Make sure you read the manufacturer's manual for the correct setting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my pumpkin bread so dense?
The biggest reason for dense pumpkin bread is not using enough leavening agents (baking soda and baking powder.) Another reason could be using either baking soda or powder that is older.
Can I make this recipe without a bread machine? Yes, you can! Just mix the ingredients together in a bowl and then pour into a greased loaf pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes to one hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
What is the sweet bread setting on a bread machine?
The sweet bread setting is usually used for quick bread that contain some sugar, like this pumpkin bread recipe. Some bread machines label this as sweet bread, some quick bread, and others call it a cake setting.
For this recipe, make sure you are using the setting intended for yeast-free bread.
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualified sales.
- Bread machine - Mine is one of my most used kitchen tools. We don’t buy bread anymore.
- Wire rack for cooling
Leftovers can be stored in a container at room temperature for up to three days.
You can freeze the pumpkin bread for up to three months. I recommend slicing the bread and then placing it on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Once it is frozen solid, transfer the bread to a freezer-safe container or zip-top bag.
How to Make
First, start by adding the wet ingredients to the bread machine pan in the order listed: oil, pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla, and water.
Next, add the dry ingredients to the pan: flour, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
Select the quick bread cycle or dessert program on your bread machine and press start. (This is typically a shorter baking cycle since we aren't using yeast. To make Zojirushi pumpkin bread, use the dessert setting.)
When the bread is done baking, use oven mitts to immediately remove the bread pan from the bread machine.
Let it cool in the pan for 15 minutes, and then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
If desired, make a glaze by whisking together powdered sugar and milk until smooth, and then drizzle over the top of the bread.
Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, if desired.
Slice and serve! Enjoy!
You May Also Like
Bread Machine Pumpkin Bread
- Bread Machine
- ½ cup avocado oil or vegetable oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Optional Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- For topping: pumpkin seeds
- Place the avocado oil, pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla, flour, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt in the bread machine pan in the order listed.
- Place the pan in the bread machine.
- Choose the quick bread or dessert program. (Whatever is intended for quick breads.)
- Press start.
- When the bread is done baking, use oven mitts to immediately remove the bread from the bread machine.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, and then remove from the pan.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- If desired, make a glaze by whisking together powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over the bread and top with pumpkin seeds.
- Slice and enjoy.
Leave a Reply