Looking for a delicious lunch? You are going to love this crazy-good Chicken Guacamole Wrap. With a simple guacamole that takes just minutes to make, this easy wrap is the perfect way to fuel your afternoon.
Chicken Guacamole Wraps are perfect for a quick and easy meal.
They are packed with protein and healthy fats. Plus, it is hard to argue just how delicious guacamole is.
If you're looking for a delicious and healthy wrap recipe, look no further than this guacamole wrap.
- Lime Juice: Fresh lime juice adds a great burst of citrus and tangy flavor which pairs well with Mexican-inspired cuisine.
- Sea Salt: A little bit of salt helps to bring out the flavors of the other ingredients and ties them all together.
- Avocado: Avocados are a great source of healthy fats and add a creamy texture to the wrap. Make sure to seed and peel the avocado before adding it to the mixture.
- Tomato: Tomatoes add freshness, color, and a bit of sweetness to the wrap. Be sure to chop and seed the tomatoes before adding them.
- Lettuce: Lettuce leaves provide a crunchy texture and fresh flavor to the wrap. You can use any type of lettuce you like, but we recommend using iceberg or romaine lettuce.
- Tortillas: Gluten-free tortillas are a great option for those who are gluten sensitive or have celiac disease. You can find gluten-free tortillas at most health food stores or online.
- Chicken: Chicken is a great source of protein and adds flavor and substance to the wrap. Be sure to grill the chicken before chopping it into small pieces. Rotisserie chicken works well if you are short on time.
Tips and Tricks
- The best way to get a delicious Chicken Guacamole Wrap is to use fresh, high-quality ingredients. You can buy prepared guacamole, but I think it is so much better to take five minutes to make a simple homemade version.
- Be sure to warm your tortillas up before assembly. This will make them more pliable and easier to work with.
- For a crunchier wrap, add some chopped up red cabbage to the mixture.
- If you want a spicier wrap, add some diced jalapeños or other hot peppers to the guacamole mixture.
- Assembling the wraps can be a bit messy, so be sure to have paper towels or napkins on hand.
If you're looking for a heartier meal, you can add some shredded cheese to the wraps before rolling them up.
For a fun and festive presentation, cut the wraps into small bite-sized pieces and serve them as appetizers.
Leftover Chicken Guacamole Wrap mixture can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Remember that avocado browns quickly, so these are best served within four hours of preparing. If you're making them ahead of time, be sure to pack them tightly so they don't fall apart.
First, start by gathering all of your ingredients. You'll need lime juice, salt, avocado, tomato, lettuce, tortillas, chicken, and any other desired toppings.
Next, place the lime juice, salt and avocado in a medium bowl. Mash the avocado with a fork until it's smooth, then stir in the chopped tomato. If you have one, a potato masher is also a great option for mashing the avocado.
Then, lay out each tortilla on a flat surface. Place one lettuce leaf on each tortilla and spread ¼ cup of the avocado mixture over the leaf. Top each wrap with ½ cup of grilled chicken.
Finally, roll up each wrap tightly. If you're not planning on eating them right away, you can wrap them in foil or parchment paper and store them in the fridge. Chicken Guacamole Wraps are best enjoyed chilled.
Chicken & Guacamole Wrap
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 avocado seeded & peeled
- ½ cup plum tomato chopped &seeded
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 gluten free tortillas
- 8 ounces boneless chicken breast grilled & chopped
- Place lime juice, salt and avocado in a medium bowl. Mash with fork until smooth. Stir in tomato.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf on each tortilla; spread ¼ cup avocado mixture on each lettuce leaf. Top each serving with ½ cup grilled chicken. Roll up. Wrap in foil or parchment paper; chill.