It is amazing how we take things for granted sometimes. One thing I just realized that I don’t appreciate enough on a daily basis is my health.
In many of my essential oil discussions, I’ve mentioned that I hadn’t been sick in well over a year.
That changed last week when every family member became ill within a 48 hour period.
Skye was first to get it. She had never had so much as a minor cold before and luckily I can’t say she ever got sicker than that this time. Unlike the rest of us, she was back to normal within 48 hours.
The boys and I were next, and I came down with it hard. As in I got up, thought about making coffee and immediately got back in bed. I stayed there for almost four days.
The boys were sick, but not nearly as sick as I was.
Hubby was the last to get it and he is still sick. I can’t remember him being this sick in many years.
So back to gratitude. I’m not feeling like myself yet, but I do feel 1000% better than I did. You won’t believe how excited this has me. I am so happy and grateful just to be able to chase Skye (a little), make food for the family and even to start attacking the 1352 unread emails that have accumulated over the last week.
It makes me realize how I just expect to feel good on a daily basis. Going forward, I am going to make an effort to be more grateful for my health.
Is there anything you take for granted?
Chili Rellenos Breakfast Casserole
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese divided
- 4 oz chopped green chilies
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Hot sauce to taste (I used 1 tablespoon)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8 dish with oil.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together yogurt and milk until well combined. Add to eggs.
- Stir in 1 cup of cheese, green chilies, quinoa, salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste. Transfer to the prepared pan.
- Top with remaining 1⁄2 cup of cheese and bake for 30 minutes.
Make it Cleaner: Use all egg whites and reduce cheese to 3/4 cup. Make it Vegan: In the bowl of a blender mix 12 oz of silken tofu and 6 oz of unsweetened almond milk. Add in 1/4 cup nutritional yeast if desired. Use vegan cheese.